23deano
My wife's Z1 Compact doesn't respond to light changes or rotate the display as it should. Is this fixable or software related?

I've had it apart in the past to replace a battery so if I could replace these I would.

Looking forward to getting some advice.
Quote 0 0
Steve
Has anything been changed in the phone like the screen?

Also, Sony have really temperamental sensors, if the phone has a screen protector fitted as the protector has a few marks it could interfere with the sensor

Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
mmedic
headphones work? cable could of came lose iirc these are on the headphone ribbon.  when you test it in either of the diagnostic menu does it pick it up?
Quote 0 0
23deano
The headphones work. I checked the diagnostics and it hadn't been restarted in over 31 days, so I rebooted and the auto rotate of the display started to work again. The proximity sensor still doesn't work though. There is a screen protector fitted, but it has a cut out for the sensor.
Quote 0 0
mmedic

how was it sealed? could the sensor be covered by adhesive?

Try via *#*#7378423#*#* (in where you dial a number) then service testing and then look for light sensor it will give you a better reading and let you know if any light is getting in. that code also handy for testing various stuff on sony handsets

Quote 1 0
23deano
The phone was sealed with a gasket from Replace Base. I checked the service menu and the values change with the changes in light. On closer inspection, the light sensor is covered by the screen protector so that could be the cause. As it happens, she's not too bothered about that as much as the rotation issue so as that was fixed by the reboot, I think I'll leave it alone. Unless something drastic happens.

Thanks for the advice!
Quote 1 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.