VillageIT
Hi all,

I'm getting more and more MacBook enquiries and anything above and beyond the basics (swap i/o board, new battery, new flex etc.) I am at a loss in terms of diagnosis and fix. Who do you guys use for component level board repairs? For example, a liquid damaged MacBook Pro or a faulty/dead logic board?

I'm also quite keen to hear of any recommendations for micro soldering courses and/or training providers so I can get a little more clued up on it.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Quote 0 0
Andree27
I will try to answer your question .
I'm getting more and more MacBook enquiries - That means , people have information on how you can fix it .
There are things that require patience , there are things that require experience ...
If there are things you do not understand , you simply opt out of this repair it's not a (shame) ashamed of
your reputation . I don't know how facebook works because I don't have an account , but many of my colleagues
find me through it and colleagues are surprised that , I deal with it (fix it).
Let's start with a wish start it all , then you need good memory and patience - then experience will come .
Over time, after symptoms can identify the problem - experience . If in the house not light , a new lamp, or
fuses deeper will be the bulb holder and wires .
Which relates to new battery, new flex , you need good memory and patience , it does not require any special
knowledge . Basic knowledge with a liquid damaged boards - it must be disconnected from the battery , and neutralizes
the chemical reaction washing it in warm water and then very well dry it and maybe motherboard works. Except that it
happened with water many things are probably burnt ...
To start a professional repair need to know physics - how electricity works , how you measure it , how to read schemes .
It is possible to learn through self-study ...
Which relates to micro soldering - phones are simple. Need to buy Z X W tool and account ...
Clipboard02.jpg 
M a c Motherboars , it is more complicated but similarly , account and program (app) ...
Clipboard03.jpg 
The biggest problem is micro soldering, you know it all, but the chip cannot be removed or inserted, then it no longer
matters - practice required . Because normal micro soldering occurs with micro waves , but we do it with soldering station .
Removing the chip you need to clean the chip space , this moment is very easy to spoil the motherboard (small pins) .
My last experience , no power no boot L e n o v a Y o g a 30 pin chip ... See what happened ...
Clipboard01.jpg 
Need to know some basic information about soldering flux ...
Which relates to micro soldering course - would like to know from other forum members , especially from replacebase maybe they are
organizing this course ...
Luke - what you have to add ?
luk.jpg 
Resume - patience, you want to do it, welcome to this world!
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Course - here is the internet version , 28 % off

https://www.udemy.com/course/microsoldering-the-full-curriculum/?couponCode=B64966CB4288B6A24A40

M a c B o o k  motherboards

https://openboardview.org/

Quote 0 0
Luke
Hi VillageIT,

Thanks for the question, locally to us we use https://www.georgesiphonerepairs.co.uk/ for board diagnostics and repairs, we do work with them regularly when dealing with our own customers. We have used others in the past, but had a lot of issues.

Unfortunately none of the technicians we have had in our time have been board level repairers though this has been an idea we have toyed with, we are mainly a seller of parts and although we have a fair understanding of board repairs, do not have experience or an in depth knowledge of this.

It would be very hand to have as you will find that perhaps even other repairers will approach you for board repairs, diagnostics etc.
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.