Jay
Hi guys,

What is your opinion on these wall sockets with integrated USB charge ports for the iPhone & iPad charging?

I am convinced one of my customers has fallen foul from using one of these, iPhone dead and no power at all.

Personally I feel it's better to use the Apple charge plug into the socket, what's your opinion?
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
As long as you use a genuine apple cable or an mfi certified cable then it'll be fine, voltage protection is in the cable itself, if they using the cheap 3rd party cables then a voltage spike could easy destroy tristar, if you need help to fix this give me a shout
Quote 0 0
Jay
I originally replaced the screen on the iPhone, several days later customer came back and said iPhone was dead.

tried a working screen, new battery, new lightning flex and no dice. 

Customer has has gone and bought the new iPhone 8 now.

I will keep you in mind for micro soldering, I need an option for a micro soldering guru, do you do trade to trade prices?

im sure you will put your skills from Jessa to good now, I'm sure you'll be even better 👍🏻
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
Jay wrote:
I originally replaced the screen on the iPhone, several days later customer came back and said iPhone was dead.

tried a working screen, new battery, new lightning flex and no dice. 

Customer has has gone and bought the new iPhone 8 now.

I will keep you in mind for micro soldering, I need an option for a micro soldering guru, do you do trade to trade prices?

im sure you will put your skills from Jessa to good now, I'm sure you'll be even better 👍🏻


Yes I offer trade discounted pieces
Quote 0 0
Jay
Bytesize wrote:


Yes I offer trade discounted pieces


Cool, so are you back from the US now?

Out of interest when you were there did you use the Quick hot air station?, seems to get good reviews for the price.
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
Yes I back home, Yes I used the quick there and is also what I use in my shop
Quote 0 0
Jay
Certainly wouldn't pay the $1,500 station Jessa uses, if I was investing I would get the Quick 100% 

be interesting to see when Jess sorts out those angled nozzles 
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
Jay wrote:
Certainly wouldn't pay the $1,500 station Jessa uses, if I was investing I would get the Quick 100% 

be interesting to see when Jess sorts out those angled nozzles 


The quick 861da sold in the UK comes with angled nozzles 😉
Quote 0 0
Jay
Bytesize wrote:


The quick 861da sold in the UK comes with angled nozzles 😉


oh right, sure she said something in her review video about nozzles being straight only, good if there angled here but funny they're not in the US 😳
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
In the US they are straight but here it's supplied with the angled nozzles
Quote 0 0
Jay
Bytesize wrote:
In the US they are straight but here it's supplied with the angled nozzles


Jessa will sort some angled ones out no doubt, good chatting to you ... are you Jamie or Peter by the way? 
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
I'm Peter Campbell, I own Bytesize iRepairs in Inverurie, Scotland and do all the boards repairs for both shops and many others throughout the UK 
Quote 0 0
Jay
Bytesize wrote:
I'm Peter Campbell, I own Bytesize iRepairs in Inverurie, Scotland and do all the boards repairs for both shops and many others throughout the UK 


cheers Peter, when I have something that's board level I'll give you a bell and properly introduce myself 👍🏻
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
🖖
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
Just for reference I got he Quick 861DE I got from kaisertech which is a bit more powerfull however only comes with straight nozzles.  I believe if purchase the Quick 861da from sommerset soldering supplies they come with angled as std.  Both use different nozzle types from the pics. 
Quote 0 0
Jay
Andy @ ACE-Repairs wrote:
Just for reference I got he Quick 861DE I got from kaisertech which is a bit more powerfull however only comes with straight nozzles.  I believe if purchase the Quick 861da from sommerset soldering supplies they come with angled as std.  Both use different nozzle types from the pics. 


good to know 👍🏻
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.