John Huggins
I have an Iphone 6 that I have been unable to update. I have plugged it into my Mac and using Itunes, held the On/Off button and the home button simultaneously until the Itunes logo and cable appears on the screen. I've then clicked 'Restore' and then 'Restore and update' and it appears to start the process, but after only a few second the phone disconnects and an error code 4013 appears. The phone then keeps flashing the Apple logo On and Off. I've updated another phone using the same process and it works fine. Any ideas? John
Quote 0 0
Jay
Make sure you've the latest iTunes installed.

try another port and or cable.

you might have a suspect charge port on the iPhone, error code relates to suspect connection link.
Quote 0 0
John Huggins
Thanks Jay. I do have the latest iTunes, the port and cables work fine, I have tried them with other phones. The charge port on the phone is good and tight and takes charge without a problem. It seems the phone itself keeps dropping out after only 20-30 seconds of updating from my Mac. Still looking for answers. John
Quote 0 0
Jay
You have tried another computer? 

Good luck troubleshooting it 
Quote 0 0
Jay
I'm sure some of the other guys on here will chip in, if you do an interweb search some say it might be a NAND issue on the board. 
Quote 0 0
John Huggins
Thanks for that Jay, I will look into that further.
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
4013 is indeed a NAND issue, if you need help to sort this msg me
Quote 0 0
mikeherberts
Hi Jay, Error 4013... Nand,CPU,RAM, Tristar,Data line corruption, shorts. Not a nice one to have. Since you presumably Backed Up the phone as you were restoring, try a DFU reset (Google 'DFU Reset') You might get lucky. Keep trying, otherwise you have no option but a Third party repair. Get a Quote or 'No fix, No fee'. This is one of those Logic Board Errors that can take the repairer all day.
Quote 0 0
Jay
mikeherberts wrote:
Hi Jay, Error 4013... Nand,CPU,RAM, Tristar,Data line corruption, shorts. Not a nice one to have. Since you presumably Backed Up the phone as you were restoring, try a DFU reset (Google 'DFU Reset') You might get lucky. Keep trying, otherwise you have no option but a Third party repair. Get a Quote or 'No fix, No fee'. This is one of those Logic Board Errors that can take the repairer all day.

Thanks Mike, I'm not the OP however.

John is the person with the issue 👍🏻
Quote 0 0
mikeherberts
oops
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.