FBG
Anyone got any tips for making sure Samsung screens stick down properly. I find the top anfd bottom are find just the edges lift up.
Thanks
Quote 0 0
Alex-tech
What kind of tape are you using? Simple double-sided tape is rarely good enough. If the screen you ordered didn't come with tape already installed then its worth buying the precut template adhesive. 
Quote 0 0
FBG
Using genuine Samsung with adhesive pre installed. Doesn't seem to be much down the sides compared to the top and the bottom
Quote 0 0
Alex-tech
Depending on the supplier, the screen could be genuine but the tape might not be. I'd recommend trying a tape template from a different source. Also, did you clean the surface of all the old adhesive/grease/dust. You can clean it with alcohol after removing the old tape, makes it much more reliable to stick to if its clean.
Quote 0 0
FBG
Cleaned with iso and left to dry. We also weigh down the unit while we wait for the customer to return. Only been recently so might be the adhesive they are using. 
Quote 0 0
Andyd2020
In that situation I would use some B7000 in very small blobs, I fix around 50 Samsungs a month for a customer and even if the new screen has pre installed genuine adhesive I put small blobs in the corners and down side in a few places.  I then use a decent masking tape at three points down phone and leave to cure for 4-5 hours and never have any come back for lifting.
Andy - Owner
Why Not Fix Ltd

W: http://www.whynotfix.co.uk
E: andy@whynotfix.co.uk
T: 07861 707870
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.