jetman
My Samsung suddenly stopped working. Would not charge ,nothing on screen, tried every button combination to reset but still nothing. The blue LED at the top of the phone kept flashing as usual until the battery ran out so the phone was working in the background. I would like to get the board working in case I need any of the data in future. I have a good power supply , amscope microscope , reflow equipment and ZXW. I have bought two boards off e bay which boot and charge ( they have unrelated problems ) so I can compare voltages around chips. I cannot find any short circuit components on 'my' board When I supply 4 volts to the battery connector the board consumes nothing until I prompt to boot when it draws a constant 280 m/a. It is almost as if the board starts to boot and then gets stuck. When the board is connected to a charger there is 4.5 v going into the MAX 77854 charging chip but only about 2v  coming out of the chip to the battery connector. What i hav'nt worked out is does the Max 77854 chip have to be prompted to start charging by another device/ does the Max 77854 have anything to do with booting the device as parts of it are connected to the main power chip on the other side of the board? I am reluctant to start pulling chips off 'my' board until I know a little more about how the IC's interact with one another. Any help would be appreciated
Quote 0 0
Andree27
When taking measurements , you don't need a power supply ...
Your phone has at least two power chips , there is also a controller on the power board ...
Most likely, your problem is here , view photo with correct measurements ... (chip problem - other measurements  )
edge7.jpg 
If you don't want to lose data, check out this information -

https://forum.replacebase.co.uk/post/retrieving-contacts-10004033?pid=1307191383

Spare parts available on our site ...

https://www.replacebase.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-replacement-usb-charging-port-flex-with-microphone-oem
edge7.jpg 
Quote 0 0
jetman
Thanks for your reply and the interest in my problem which is appreciated. Unfortuanately the board values and chip you mention do not match my board which is a S7 Edge specifically the G935F series. I dont know if you have the ZXW website board and schematic software which unfortunately shows just about everything about my board except voltage/diode check values. Kind Regards
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Hello!
It is likely that you have the tools , It makes me happy , the chip I mentioned is a small power controller , and this is for your model ...
After symptoms , I believe  these are your symptoms ...
My Sa ms ung suddenly stopped working. Would not charge ,nothing on screen, tried every button combination to reset but still nothing. The blue LED at the top of the phone kept flashing...
Measurements you know then check ...

If the program does not show measurements then it should be opened shematics ...
Shematics.jpg  edge1.jpg  edge2.jpg 

But if you don't want to believe it, then let's look at the second version ...
If you are looking for information MAX 77854 , nothing will happen (U7011 Power IC IF PMIC Chip , BIG power IC MIAN
Power supply manager IC , PM8996 and and and ) ...
I do not know all the secrets of the manufacturer , as far as i know i am sharing with you ...
I do not know the measurement of this chip , so let's guess ... I only know one of them ...
The motherboard needs to work , connected with battery Or  so that it seen in the picture and
turn it on ...
For normal boot have to 50 m A ...

edge3.jpg  edge4.jpg  edge5.jpg  edge6.jpg 
Not enough ...

Measure the voltage outputted from PMIC ...
edge7.jpg 
edge8.jpg Normal voltage
somewhere 1.8v
The motherboard needs to work , connected with battery  or so that it seen in the picture and
turn it on ...
PS.
( Measure  - see the attachment)
I allow this sequence 1 . L7012 , 2 . L7011 , 3 . C7067 , 4 . C7044 , 5 . C6040 , 6 . L7015 , 7 . L7004 ...
If you need help welcome in the forum ...
Thank you!

Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.