FBG
Had a Samsung S7 edge in for a repair. The power button will not work on the unit, so i ordered and replaced the button and it still does not work. Anyone have any ideas on this or have a way I can turn the phone on without the button?
Thanks
Quote 0 0
Quin Mobile Repair
It probably isn't the power button at fault, if you have already replaced it.

Whats was the original repair?
Quote 0 0
FBG
Power button not working. Phone was working fine just no power button
Quote 0 0
Quin Mobile Repair
Easy way to find out is to just plug a power cable in, if it comes on then its the button. If it doesn't its something else.
Quote 0 0
Quin Mobile Repair
When I say comes on, I mean displays battery charging symbol.
Quote 0 0
FBG
Does display battery symbol but cant get it on. Swapped the button but no change
Quote 0 0
Quin Mobile Repair
Try this,

1. When the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge is turned off, press and hold the volume button for a few seconds.
  2. While holding the volume button, connect the Galaxy to a computer using a USB cable.
  3. Wait for your phone to boot to Download mode.
  4. Then press down on the volume rocker to cancel the operation.
  5. After the operation has canceled, the Galaxy will reboot and turn on.
  6. You have successfully turned on the Galaxy S7 without using the power button.
Quote 0 0
FBG
Tried and failed unfortunately 
Quote 0 0
Quin Mobile Repair
Strange one then,

Not sure if its possible to bridge the power button on the S7 edge logic board as its a connector, not pins like on the S6, an expensive mistake if it goes wrong. In theory bridging each side of the connector on the logic board would complete the circuit and then phone should turn on but I wouldn't want to recommend trying it as wouldn't want any liability if it causes a short and kills the board.

Quote 0 0
Steve
I cant remember off the top of my head but isnt the S7 like the S6 (the power button just makes a circuit between 2 pins on the main board?) 

I know we often short the pins to power on instead of having to fin into the chassis in the S6 
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
FBG
Unfortunately not its a connector. 
Quote 0 0
Steve
[frown] memory fail for me.

The only other think you could try is testing the pin outs on the flex with a continuity test on a multi-meter so check the circuit is working as it should, if you have already tried a couple it may be something on the logic board as very little can really go wrong with the buttons.

Does the handset have any sines of water damage? 
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
FBG
Handset was perfect customer was to impatient to let me test further.
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.