NickSewell
My original battery was showing its age so I ordered and installed a new OEM battery.

Do I need to do anything to the phone to let it know that it's a new battery? The battery charges fine, device doesn't get hot or complain.

However after using it most of the day, the battery gets to about 30% and turns off. Attempting to turn it on I get "Battery too low, connect to charger before attempting to turn device on"

I've tried a few of the suggestions found after searching but nothing fixes it. (Cache wipes, long charges with the device off etc)

Could it be an issue with the battery or do I need to reset something?
Quote 0 0
JimHawk
Sounds like you have a non-original capacity battery, there are loads of them out there. do not believe all that is written on the battery. You would have to have the battery tested to see what it's actual capacity is. A quick rough check is to compare battery weights.
I have just gone through a similar exercise on a Samsung phone.

Jim
Quote 0 0
NickSewell
JimHawk wrote:
Sounds like you have a non-original capacity battery, there are loads of them out there. do not believe all that is written on the battery. You would have to have the battery tested to see what it's actual capacity is. A quick rough check is to compare battery weights.
I have just gone through a similar exercise on a Samsung phone.

Jim

Do you know if charge state has much/any affect on the weight? My original battery is at about 90% and the replacement was dead when I weighed them.

Original battery was 45-46 grams and the replacement was 41-42 grams (my kitchen scales are not exactly designed for precision)

What was the difference between your batteries?

Nick
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.