Steve
Hi all,

If you haven't seen already we have started stocking XCAP SSD's from Injured Gadgets (who make the FX5 iPhone screen range) 

We have sold a few and have had very good feedback, rapid speeds and pre-loaded with Mac OS

The full range here: https://www.replacebase.co.uk/other-devices//ssd-s
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Nice to hear - referring to ssd , some apple.jpg    fanatics are introduced to this site ...
Hope ssd meets a  p  p  l  e standards , but at an affordable price ...
This niche has a chance to catch a moment , because similar updates are available in America ....

It's not my or this company idea ( RB ) , the manufacturer protects his product devices from cheap repairs ...
Quote 0 0
Steve
The feedback we have had on the SSDs sold so far has been great, I will post some benchmarks once we have some 🙂 

Quote 0 0
Andree27
Upgrading M a c Devices , that's a good topic . My opinion - it is worth developing this direction ...
1 . Purchasing these devices will always save you money , however , their parameters are not the best
Hdd , ram , processor , and and ...
2 . Some buy it to improve it in the future - and here comes the problem ...

I can't just buy a s a m s u n g ssd drive and insert it , because you need adopters for this drive ,
you need to know if your device will be fully compatible , since some discs require a special temperature sensor
which is not the regular version sdd .
PCIe 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3
Samsung Phoenix controller
3,500MB/s Seq. Read
3,300MB/s Seq. Write
5 Year Limited Warranty

sam.jpg 

In short, there are many things what you need to know ...
And here's a guy who's done it already . My experience with these devices - is over with america ...
And the guys do it despite the import duty ... because you need a quality copy ...

It makes me happy !
Quote 0 0
Voucher
Will the X-Cap be fully compatible and not cause a sleep issue as with other supposedly compatible ssd's?  I really need an answer to this before i buy as i have now been bitten twice. 

My ssd drive in my MacBook Pro mid 2014 conked out and I have firstly replaced it with a "apple compatible" drive which did not work due to the sleep issue.  I then bought a M.2 adapter and a PCIe 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3 ssd - once again bitten as also cause a sleep issue.  

Can I be guaranteed that this will not happen with the X-Cap? 
Quote 0 0
Steve

Voucher wrote:

Can I be guaranteed that this will not happen with the X-Cap? 

Just getting some feedback from IG. Will report back soon. 

Quote 1 0
Steve
Seems this is a common issue for all SSD here is a fix:

Quote:

Hibernation Issues
Intro
There is a known hibernation-related driver issue on 2013 to 2014 MacBooks. You’ll need to run some commands
in Terminal to bypass these issues. You can find these here: #troublewaking.
OR
So MacBooks from 2013 to 2014 can read NVMe drives, but not natively. Even with an updated boot ROM version,
there are still a few miscommunications between the NVMe drivers. We’ll need to disable a ‘deep sleep’ function to
ensure these miscommunications don’t cause any damage to the system. Go to #troublewaking and run the
Terminal commands described. Then check back and let me know if you have any other concerns.
OR
Okay, this is an Apple-known issue and has a super easy fix. We just need to run a few Terminal commands to
disable a ‘deep sleep’ function to make sure you don’t have any more crashes. First, put “sudo pmset
hibernatemode 0 standby 0” in Terminal and press enter/return. If you’re using Mojave or newer as an OS, you’ll
need to follow up with “sudo pmset autopoweroff 0” as well. After that, reset your Mac and let us know how it goes!

#troublewaking
There is a known drivers issue that occurs when using any NVMe SSD with MacBooks from 2013 and 2014. At this time, there have been no announcements from Apple that they intend to resolve this issue. However, you can run a 1-2 Terminal commands to circumvent the issue entirely.

These commands are going to disable the deep-sleep functions, like hibernationmode and autopoweroff. Don’t worry, this will have virtually no impact on your machine’s ability to go to sleep like normal.

Open Terminal by first going to your Applications folder, then the Utilities folder.
Or use Spotlight (COMMAND + SPACE) to find the Terminal application.
Type or copy-and-paste the following command into the Terminal window:
sudo pmset hibernatemode 0 standby 0
Press RETURN (ENTER).
You will be asked to enter your password.
You will then be alerted about changes in power consumption.
Don’t fret, the only instances where you might notice a change in power consumption is when your machine is closed and unplugged for 6+ hours. In those circumstances, plan for approximately +1% battery drain per hour.
If you are using Mojave or newer as your OS, you’ll need to run an additional Terminal command:

Type or copy-and-paste the following command into the Terminal window:
sudo pmset autopoweroff 0
Press RETURN (ENTER).
Restart your machine for best results.
If you’d like to double-check that the commands took effect, type or copy-and-paste the following command into the Terminal window: pmset -g. This will display all your machine’s battery and power settings. Check and make sure there are 0’s next to hibernatemode, standby, and autopoweroff.  

Quote 2 0
Voucher
Steve

Thank you so much for the above info and workaround.  It is working a treat for me and therefore I do not have to replace my current ssd. You have saved me not only my sanity but some money.  🙂
Quote 0 0
Steve

Voucher wrote:
Steve

Thank you so much for the above info and workaround.  It is working a treat for me and therefore I do not have to replace my current ssd. You have saved me not only my sanity but some money.  🙂

No problem however i can’t take the credit, it was given to me by Ingured Gadgets over in the US. 

Glad your back up and running! 

Quote 0 0
Andree27
What you need to know about ssd - no matter what system Win or Mac os using ssd the system should not fall asleep .
Because ssd is already set from the factory - MTBF 1,500,000 or 1,000,000 hours (Mean Time Between Failure) ,
Sleep - it has already been turned off once .Every turn on 1,000,000 - 1 = 999,999
The most dangerous is hibernation - the disk may do not wake up ...

Special attention I m a c 17.1 , don't know but ssd stick cannot work properly , terminal commands don't help ...
it works, but restarting causes errors...

Exit - original ssd stick ...
Or sata ssd with termal sensor ...
ssd.jpg  ssd1.jpg  Clipboard03.jpg 
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.