Thegerman11
Hi thank you for the item I fitted it wi success but it still.hasnt made a difference to my Samsung note 3.wen I phone.people they can't hear me unless I. Put. In on loud speaker as.iv replaced.the microphone which I ordered from you I thought that might be the problem but it's not as they still.cant hear me talking. Unless loud speaker do.you have any idea what solutions could.be please kind regards
Quote 0 0
bellsie
Hi 
Go to settings mobile data and turn off  enhanced LTE leave it unchecked 
Hope this helps 
Quote 0 0
alzyxx
The fact that it works on loud speaker leads me to suspect the environment (top) mic is at fault. Check to make sure the little hole on the top edge isn't blocked before replacing the mic.
Quote 0 0
Thegerman11
Thank you is there a microphone at the top of the phone. And I stick a tooth pick in it and.it looked clear is there any other ideas please 
Quote 0 0
Thegerman11
Iv done that but still.no joy I also got told.check IC what's that please and could thy be the problem? ?
Quote 0 0
alzyxx
IC is an Intergrated Circuit (Chip) however the fact that at least one of the mics works it's unlikely to be the cause. I know you've said you checked the top hole but what about the bottom mic hole? The mic holes on Samsung's are literally pinholes so can get blocked really easily
Quote 0 0
Thegerman11
Thank you iv done it bit still no joy god knows what the reason is
Quote 0 0
alzyxx
I personally record a voice note covering each mic individually to confirm which mic is faulty so I don't spend time on the wrong part. Does it work with headphones plugged in?
Quote 0 0
Thegerman11
Hi thank you for your replies and help I really appreciate it yes iv just tried it with the headphones in and yes it works with them in but when I unplug them they can't hear me then do you know which microphone it could.be kind regards 
Quote 0 0
alzyxx
That almost certainly confirms it's a microphone at fault rather than an IC. Record a voice message using the voice recorder app and whilst talking cover the mics individually with your finger. You'll be able to see which one is working straight away as the synthesizer will go flat when the working mic is covered 
Quote 0 0
Thegerman11
Hi yes just tried it and it sounds like it's the top.microphone which is at fault is that one replaceable or is it joined on to the motherboard pls ??
Quote 0 0
alzyxx
Just had a look at the board layout on the internet and it looks like there are two top mics next to each other, soldered to the board so will need a hot air solder station (removing and fitting) and a soldering iron (just for tinning the pads)
Quote 0 0
Thegerman11
Thank you is it a bit dodgy to do bcos I was gonna buy 1 of them demo motherboard off eBay only a fiver and take the microphones off that 
Quote 0 0
alzyxx
it's a pretty straight forward task, smd but only 4 largish pads. Make sure you use good tweezers and pick the mic up by it's base as the gold can is soldered to the top of the base and you're more like to lift it off first time you try.
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.