Chuxsta

Hi there, 

have been using RB for a while now but this is my first forum post. 

i have a question regarding  https://www.replacebase.co.uk/for-apple-macbook-pro-13-3-a1425-lcd-led-replacement-screen-oem/

i was under the impression that the majority of macbook pros required the entire upper section replacing for a faulty screen. 

all the previous ones i have done have been that way, and when searching for parts for the A1425 i get mixed results. 

some are also showing this LCD panel as a LOT cheaper option to the entire upper section. where as others are showing the entire upper section as the part needed. 

Quote 0 0
Luke
Hi There,

Having a look into this for you it seems that the LCD can be replaced on its own, however it is much easier to do the whole assembly. We don't stock the full assembly ourselves.

We have sold a number of these LCD's so people have managed this replacement before.
Quote 0 0
Chuxsta

Luke wrote:
Hi There,

Having a look into this for you it seems that the LCD can be replaced on its own, however it is much easier to do the whole assembly. We don't stock the full assembly ourselves.

We have sold a number of these LCD's so people have managed this replacement before.

many thanks for confirming my suspicions. 😃 

Quote 0 0
Andyni
I have done a few LCD replacements. The hardest part is heating the glass enough to soften the glue with out melting the rubber, take your time. The glass is easily broken also. I always have a backup glass on hand.

Good luck and take your time.
Quote 0 0
Chuxsta

Andyni wrote:
I have done a few LCD replacements. The hardest part is heating the glass enough to soften the glue with out melting the rubber, take your time. The glass is easily broken also. I always have a backup glass on hand.

Good luck and take your time.

thank you for that Andyni, 

we have a heat mat here as i also do tablet and phone repairs. so heating up the glass evenly to an exact temp is a doddle. making removal of the glass a lot easier. 

Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.