z00ey
Hi everyone,
I installed a replacement battery into my Macbook pro 2009 - purchased the battery from Amazon but wasn't impressed so i bought another from Replace base....but both batteries showed the same problem:

The first 60% of battery life is great - nearly 2 hours, but the remaining 40% drains rapidly within 25minutes of use. 

Is this a typical pattern of battery life for a very old macbook, or is something internally draining the battery rapidly when it gets low? Can anyone recommend a good place to fix it - i live in London and also visit Yorkshire often to see family.

My macbook is 13.3" A1278, with 8GB upgraded RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel core duo, Nvidia GeForce 9400M, 256MB,  with 125GB SSD, which isn't even half full, and i use Cleanmymac and Disk Doctor to keep all files economical and clean. I'm on El Capitan.

PS i know it's a ridiculously old laptop but its my pride and joy and it works perfectly - can simultaneously stream two separate video channels and listen to music/websurf without any rainbow disc lag!

Thanks 🙂
Quote 1 0
Andree27
Hi ...
In particular, do not overcome this problem (don't worry), 100% charge and use this battery without a charger until the battery is empty ...
Then charge 100 again and discharge to zero , (the laptop is used without a charger) ...
This is called a full cycle ... When laptops begin to understand where is 50 and where is100 , the laptop will start working normally...
That whole process is called adotptation in new device ... ( happens to be unable to charge 100 % , but 99 % no problem ,it is normal)
It happens that you have to perform this process 8-10 times ...
Then everything will be fine...
reset.jpg 

Waiting answer - How are you ?
Quote 1 0
z00ey
that's great, thanks so much for your advice 😃
Quote 0 0
Tom

Hiii,

If you haven't already, it’s worth doing a PRAM and SMC reset (this should be done with any new battery)

Here's how to reset your PRAM:

1. Shut down your machine. Yes, all the way down, not sleep or logging out.
2. Press the power button and then press command-option-p-r. ...
3. Hold those keys down until your Mac reboots again and you here the start-up chime.
4. Let go of the keys and let your Mac reboot normally.

Here's how to do an SMC reset

Connect the power adaptor to the Mac. On the MacBook / Pro's keyboard, hold down the Shift+Control+Option keys and the Power button at the same time. Release all keys and the power button at the same time – the little light on the MagSafe adaptor may change colours briefly to indicate the SMC has reset.

Email: tom@replacebase.co.uk
Discord: Tom (Replacebase)#8513
Reddit: u/Replacebase
Quote 0 0
z00ey
I really appreciate that, thanks - i’ll get straight on it 🙂
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.