AndyT
I have been looking at fixing a macbook air with a little bit of water damage. The battery definitely needs replacing but there are a few areas on the logic board that look damaged and I am wondering if it is possible to repair these? Or would a new logic board be required? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. IMG_2548.jpg  IMG_4369.jpg  IMG_4674.jpg  IMG_9173.jpg
Quote 0 0
Andree27
It is repairable , green spots - indicates corrosion, but does not mean that the parts is damaged ...
Remove the motherboard , clean corrosion , if necessary over solder corrosion parts to be 100% contact ...
Remove stickers and battery if it is , and wash the bath max water temperature 65 degrees C ...
You can also use soap , procedure for at least five minutes ... If it is coffee with sugar or cola
these are the most dangerous elements , then you can even wash for ten minutes ...
Very well dried , use hair dryer home heating system ... Repeat the drying with a hair dryer every half hour ...
In three hours it can be done ... Make sure the former corrosion areas have good contact ...
Check it out ... Waiting for the result ...

water.jpg 

PS.

If it does not help, some of the corrosion parts is damaged and no more ...
That's why check corrosion parts to be 100% contact with motherboard ...
If necessary over solder ...
It sounds weird- but in real life it happens exactly this way ...
I don't think you need a new one motherboard ...
Maybe some component ...
Understand how they make money - gonna rescue water damage phones...

Quote 0 0
AndyT
Thats great information, thank you. I have done most of these steps and the laptop not starts. When I try the password however, it doesnt seem to login. Even when using an external keyboard. I have tried to reboot in recovery mode and the password works then. 

Any idea what the issue could be? 

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Disconnect the keyboard from the motherboard and use only the usb ,
if damaged parts connected to motherboard it will not work properly ...
Quote 0 0
AndyT
I disconnected the internal keyboard but still not gaining access to the account using the correct password. I have checked the keyboard is producing the correct keys in the guest account and it is...
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Reset the password ...
With the original keyboard ...
hold -Command left + R and power ...
When appears on the screen a p p l e logo release it ...
Terminal command - resetpassword in one word ...
View pictures ...

Quote 0 0
AndyT
Thanks, FileVault is switched on. Although I can get access to the password. 

When I have restarted in recovery mode, it has asked for the password and it has worked. It just doesnt work when trying to access the desktop. Do you think resetting the password this way could still help if this password works elsewhere? 
Quote 0 0
Andree27
If the internet is used from a vpn router , will not be able to sign in to the account ...
Is it connected to the internet ..?
When the IP address changes , the owner receives the phone two steps verification ...
If you are not connected to the Internet reset option must work ...
Password is not required this way - if there are multiple accounts select one but not an administrator...
Can reinstall the system without losing data - but the login in system will need re-verification ...
Create a new account ...
If problems occur, the owner will find out ...
I'm interested in what happens when it turns on ...
And then you can find out what's not working there ...
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.