John Huggins
Hi all, I am new to the forum, so please excuse me if this has been asked before, but I can't find it. As a hobby, I have just started restoring broken and damaged iPhone 6 and 6s. Twice I have come across the problem of low volume on the ear speaker. I have tried replacing the ear speaker, but this has not cured the problem. I have read on the www that this is a common problem, but is there a fix?
Quote 0 0
Seasider
Is the earpiece mesh clear ? I find a lot of earpiece volume problems are caused by the mesh blocked up with dust, dirt and especially on ladies' phones...makeup !!
Quote 0 0
Steve
Phone 6 seems to be a common issue, we sell a lot of 6 earpieces, 6s not so much but still higher compared to the older and newer series iPhones so defiantly a problem.

Usually a new EP will fix, some rare cases require the front camera assembly (the connects the earpiece) 

Cheers

Steve 
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
Crea2k
9 times out of 10 its the mesh and not the ear speaker thats the problem, they just get full of dust.
Quote 0 0
John Huggins
No definitely not the mesh, it's clear enough to see every hole.
Quote 0 0
Jay
even if the mesh doesn't look stupidly dirty just replace it, done quite a few and volume goes back to normal again.
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.