Mickybo
Hi all just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the itrucolor XR screens in particular as I've had 3 faulty screens in 2 months were the screen just constantly flickers
Quote 1 0
Andree27
The first - do you reinstall the system , (not reset ) ? Without a picture i can't tell , but it looks like a driver problem ...
The second - turn off Auto-Brightness (ambient light sensor  problem , but that does not mean it is damaged) ...

xr1.jpg 

If it doesn't help , then you have a third - motherboard problem ... Check the filters especially bigger ...
xr.jpg  xr1.jpg 

xr2.jpg 

The symptoms of poor screen quality are different

xr1.jpg
Or are there places where the touch screen doesn't work ...
Quote 0 0
Mickybo
It's not an install issue, the display flickers on and off it is definitely due to faulty screens because as soon as I put the original back on it works no problem and when I fit a different itrucolor screen it also works no problem so it is definitely due to faulty screens.
Quote 0 0
Andree27
I do not deny - but that was also the beginning that the original work ...
Do you think the driver problem is a joke ? Even changing to the oem screen
the system needs to be reinstalled ... I suspect this has not been done ...
The original works because it is calibrated for this motherboard ...
(Or, if there are no original then it has already adopted )

There is an option - when exchanging for a warranty try FX screen ...
I haven't had a problem !
Quote 0 0
Mickybo
You didn't read my response, if I fit a different itrucolor screen it works ok, I have been fitting these since January but just recently 3 have failed straight away causing me to have to fit another new itrucolor screen. It's definitely a screen problem not a driver, I've never had to install a driver when fitting a new screen and I've been doing this for 6 years
Quote 0 0
Andree27
I repeat - I do not deny it ... (that problem with LCD)
I get the impression that you are not reading what I am writing ...
My experience is greater even for microsoldering ... (Almost half)
This not pc driver ...
Driver mean - The motherboard knows the previous LCD chip as it works , exchanging the screen chip is completely different
and then if problems begin , therefore, the system must be reinstalled (the chip power system is different)...
I've never had to install a driver when fitting a new screen and I've been doing this for 6 years
Where is your experience ?
until the seventh it's something else , starting from model eight - the situation has changed ,
If it works well, you're in luck ...
Screen flickering means that the electrical circuit is incorrect ...
Quote 0 0
CloseCallsPro

Hi I also have been having issues with these screens but advised by replacebase team that they have been poplar but not my complaints about them. 

Have now stopped buying iTru XR screens due to the following: display goes blank for no reason. Not been dropped of mistreated in anyway. The flex cables when lightly tapped/moved making the display light up and disappear. Bottom 16th of the screen had no touch. 

I have also stopped using this model for iPhone X as these also have similar but not the same issues as the XR. Switched to the Incell displays now and so far no returns. Less profit but less headache. 

Quote 0 0
Mickybo
I've had no issues with X XS or 11 just XR. Andree27 is trying to tell me that I have to install the driver in the phone which is nonsense. I use the JC V1s programmer to copy the old screen details onto the new screen and should be plug and play. As soon as I fit another screen it works so it's definitely faulty screens.
Quote 0 0
CloseCallsPro
I’ve had issues with 11 screens also, not many but enough for me not to use them again. I’ve never had to use a programmer etc. iTru screens are clearly the cheapest but unfortunately it seems like playing Russian roulette after installing it. Not how I do business so they are ditched. 
Quote 0 0
Mickybo
The programmer is just for Truetone, how do you keep truetone on the new screen without 1?
Quote 0 0
Scottie@idle
Hi, I started using the iTruColor screens after a few bad experiences with ReplaceBase’s OEM screens. I have had a range of different models and few XR’s without any issues, recommend getting a programmer for the true tone though.
Quote 1 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.