Total Computer Services
Am I the only one that if I look to hard at a home button it fails. Just started on an Iphone 7, powered it off to change screen, got the old screen levered off (still attached at camera end)Inadvertantly pressed the power switch, takes ages to boot and when it does, touch ID not available. Straight after I changed a screen on a 6 boots it up and touch id not available.

I fear for my sanity. Actually thinking of packing it in, I'm having far too many failures of all kinds.
Quote 0 0
Damtom
No , it is just quality of replacement screen sold on replacebase. I had so many issues with 7 , with 6s with 6 . So no it is not you 
Quote 0 0
alzyxx
Are you doing a hard reset when it comes up that touch id isn't available? That comes up nearly every time if the home button is disconnected when the phone is turned on but a hard reset always sorts it for me.

Be gentle when removing the home button and use a little bit of heat on the glass side of the screen. I use either needle point tweezers or iSesamo to gently prise the home button from the frame.
Quote 0 0
IanStill
With an iphone 6 i found it was essential you heat (heat gun or hairdryer) the area where the LCD shield home button connector is glued to the back of the screen. If you just try to lever it off it stretches the home button ribbon which extends up the back of the LCD shield. Be sure to heat off the small square piece of aluminum which is under the home button connector. With the 7 i disconnect the battery before i disconnect anything else to prevent accidental switch on's or short circuits. 
Quote 0 0
Superhans81
Did you use the original home button or one attached to the replacement screen
Quote 0 0
GrumpyBear
Did you buy JUST the screen or complete with home button ect. i always buy the complete screen with parts and just swap home buttons to save time and one or 2 i have had to swap the metal plate with the home button cable over from the old screen as the phone didnt see the home button. hope this helps [smile] 
Quote 0 0
IanStill
I usually buy the basic configuration (not from replacebase, not because their parts are bad, just have been using another supplier for 7 years so get trade discount). I get a bigger profit margin if i swap over the earpiece and home button assembly's which is why i buy the basic. Also, if you buy the complete screen then the cable that is attached to the LCD shield also isn't an original and i've never got a 3rd party ribbon to work with the genuine home button. 
Quote 0 0
GrumpyBear
Strange that you've had issues with that Shield and ribbon cable ive replaced all my 5S-6S customer phones with replacebase screen with parts and like i said only 1 or 2 have failed and had to swap over the shield and ribbon too. Plus it makes the job a tad simple [wink] no faffing around with that camera and ear speaker.
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
Quote:
Am I the only one that if I look to hard at a home button it fails. Just started on an Iphone 7, powered it off to change screen, got the old screen levered off (still attached at camera end)Inadvertantly pressed the power switch, takes ages to boot and when it does, touch ID not available. Straight after I changed a screen on a 6 boots it up and touch id not available.

I fear for my sanity. Actually thinking of packing it in, I'm having far too many failures of all kinds.

I would suggest disconnecting the battery before removing the screen. Your sanity may just return
The Micro Guys Ltd
WEB   http://www.themicroguys.co.uk
EMAIL service@themicroguys.co.uk
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.