Steve
Good to see something different from Apple, looking forward to getting inside one!

whats you opinion on them?

1. i do wonder if the front camera will be locked down like the iPhone Touch ID buttons... 
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
Im very tempted to order 1 as its my birthday the day after launch [biggrin], the big 40, question is do I want to open it up for a play with it being a totally new design hmmm.
Quote 0 0
Crea2k
Screens are going to cost the earth like they do with Samsung amoleds, this isn't good for repair shops as customers won't bother getting it repaired or it'll drain all of the profit out of it.
Quote 0 0
Steve
I agree about price, I estimate the initial screens to cost $400+ and after the magic 6 month mark about £200 retail but we will see.

The only comparison I can fine really is the LG V10, sitting at about 85 ex VAT, these are AMOLED and a unique shape.

https://www.replacebase.co.uk/lg-v10-replacement-lcd-touch-screen-assembly-original/

@ Andy, also tempted - we will get one ordered in to take apart and if its still works when we put it back together I may use it [smile] 
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
replacebase wrote:

@ Andy, also tempted - we will get one ordered in to take apart and if its still works when we put it back together I may use it [smile] 

The only perks of the job, make up for all the late nights & tax free so to speak lol.
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.