Bpevreall1
Hi, an iPhone X was brought to me requiring a new screen the display was completely black no life in it whatsoever, the customer opted for a cheaper LCD instead and the display was fitted, all was good until I updated to latest iOS and now I’m getting vertical lines, odd and faded colours and an overall washed out look.

I will attach a photo below.

To my knowledge this indicates improper fitting of the ribbon but alas I have reconnected and cleaned the connections a few times over.
i am at a loss as to where to turn next.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I am all ears.

many thanks 2735AD51-7DA7-4293-B800-9B46A295FA5C.jpeg  
Brendon Pevreall
Amps N Ohms 
Quote 0 0
Luke
Hi There,

If you have already tried re-seating the connections then this could be either a damaged/ faulty connector or a faulty display, this issue is usually seen when a flex connection is loose, but if that is definitely not the case then yeah, it is either a fault display or flex sadly.
Quote 0 0
Bpevreall1

That's unfortunate, I've shipped the LCD back today hopefully the replacement will be fine, the only thing that's throwing me is that it was working perfectly until the ios update which seemed to trigger the artefacts.

will update when the replacement arrives hopefully its not a deeper problem.

thanks for your support luke.

Brendon Pevreall
Amps N Ohms 
Quote 0 0
Luke
Hi Brendon,

Please do let us know how you get on, perhaps there are a few issues popping up from the latest IOS for the iPhone X, we will keep an eye out for any other reports of this issue.
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Changing the screen follow fundamental principles

1 connection to Motherboard is clean ? (your variant)
 2 or use this Equipment , if not may be adoption problem
https://www.replacebase.co.uk/eeprom-read-write-for-iphone-x-8-8-plus-lcd-auto-backlight-repair-tool-machine/
3 fix “iPhone broken screen shows vertical lines” issue with default options included in iOS devices
4 backup..... work version forum.jpg 
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.