Marc CLH

Client said phone battery was running down very fast

to make things simple i replaced the battery (power was 67%) and staid stable for 24 hours without working with the phone. Client picked up the phone and come back with the hour, phone keeps shutting down, coonected to charger battery starts at 10% jumps to xx%, drops out - now it keeps jumping from xx% to yy% within seconds, dropsout starts again - behaving very odd

Any feedback??

Thanks in advance

Quote 0 0
alzyxx
look for missing/damaged components around the battery connector. I've had iPhone's in before where the customer has tried damaged the area when replacing their own battery. I've had devices show that there's only 1% battery for hours but the battery has 4.2v.
Quote 1 0
Marc CLH
Ok will have a good look
Quote 0 0
Marc CLH
Got battery charging upto 45% - replaced dock connector - now batt showing 100% - all works fine for 3 to 5 min and then phone resets again
Quote 0 0
MikkiLL
Hi Marc 🙂

Have you tried with another battery? Sounds to me like there is a problem with the battery and not anything else - my first goto would be to replace the only thing that has already been replaced, to see if that fixes the issue, without replacing everything else first. Batteries are produced by the billions, and a lot of them has issues, original, OEM or not 🙂 I do about 70 battery swaps week, and there is an error margin on 3-5% of them, irregardless where i buy them 🙂
Quote 0 0
Marc CLH
tried that - even without battery the phone go's on and off when it feels like it
Quote 0 0
MikkiLL
Hmm.. Another option is, that the sensor flex has damage, try disconnecting it, and start without - otherwise try force update with iTunes, some times its a software bug. Let me know if it changes stuff for you. If iTunes gives you any error codes, please let me know also..[wink]
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
A commented above by alzyxx you need to look for pried off components as this is the most likely scenario. The logic board can't communicate with the battery if the circuit is damaged which causes the battery percentage to jump about etc. These are very small components as shown in the picture below from a 5C.

IMG_E5346_LI.jpg 
The Micro Guys Ltd
WEB   http://www.themicroguys.co.uk
EMAIL service@themicroguys.co.uk
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.