Clarkey
Hi guys, 
(This is not a rant at replacebase or anyone, I am just curious as to why this is happening)
I replaced an iPhone 8 battery for a customer of mine (who is also a friend) and he later messaged me saying that the battery health was not showing. After reporting this to ReplaceBase they sent me out a full new battery with adhesives. After installing the new battery, the battery health is still not showing a %. I am wondering why this could be? Could it be because the phone had already experienced an unexpected shutdown with the original battery and so it needs Apple to reset that or something along those lines? Any help would be appreciated
(P.S. My customer is not too bothered that the health is not showing)
Quote 0 0
phonefixcraft.ie
There are two tiny mosfets just beside the battery connector, and it's very easy to damage them while replacing the battery. If one of them, or both are damaged, phone will act exactly like you described.
i8 batt.jpg
Quote 0 0
Total Computer Services
Have you turned the option on in settings, under battery?
Quote 0 0
Phantom
Are you sure replace base batteries support this ? I know some of the older 2018 dated batteries didn’t .. 
Quote 0 0
Clarkey
Have you turned the option on in settings, under battery?

Yes it was turned on
Quote 1 0
Clarkey
Phantom wrote:
Are you sure replace base batteries support this ? I know some of the older 2018 dated batteries didn’t .. 

It was an OEM battery that I used, tried 2 of them and neither showed the health
Quote 0 0
Phantom
Ok.. so have you done a format on it ? Sometime software issue ... if you have then it will as above posted 
Quote 0 0
Clarkey
Phantom wrote:
Ok.. so have you done a format on it ? Sometime software issue ... if you have then it will as above posted 

I haven’t no, it’s for a customer of mine, he’s not really bothered about it but I will advise to him that maybe that might get it working again
Quote 0 0
Andree27
There is no problem with the scheme or motherboard ....
Your battery is not original ...
If someone claims it is original it is not true ...
Only the original shows health...
Exchanging another battery orginal or non-original ,
first charge cycle non-original battery - health option on the phone work just the answer is - in service ...
completion of the first cycle if battery non-original - the health option is gone...
to recover it - put original battery and in first charge cycle option wake up this option ...
It will take up to 20 min and maybe more , but not immediately ...
Your battery is a copy ...
There are programs that allow you to view the health of the battery as well as the status of the copy (I use it)...
The program can read all the information ...
See the photo , copy and original , but for me this copy was sold as original , Serial numbers are strange
and there is no complete information ( but it works well )
apple logo - do not mean original....

no original

no orig 2.jpg 

Original

orig 2.jpg  no orig 2.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Phantom
.. not that I’m name dropping l, but I use  ip4u they do show battery percentage, pre dec 2018 didn’t, they have been updated from there supplier .. some of the cheeper batteries like above will say service 
Quote 0 0
Andree27
I answer the question from Clarkey - After installing the new battery,
the battery health is still not showing a %. I am wondering why this could be?
I give an answer -
completion of the first cycle if battery non-original - the health option is gone...
to recover it - put original battery and in first charge cycle option wake up this option ...
I'm not sure about Iphone 10 , but up to 8 models percent work - Whatever the battery ( oem or non oem )
The health option does not run on all batteries , the health option is gone on non oem ... pro.jpg  pro1.jpg pro2.jpg   
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.