Nick

iPhone 8 was working absolutely fine until 11.3 was installed.

iOS 11.2.6 is now unsigned so rolling back is not an option!

Display is fine but the Touch is not working with iOS 11.3

After some reading it seems Apple are trying to stop 3rd party repairs (again)

Does anyone here have a solution for this?

Regards....

Quote 0 0
Masood
Hi Nick,

The news is out that aftermarket screens won't function on iOS 11.3 as far as i know, heard from multiple sources having the same issue as yourself, unfortunately there is nothing we can do until Apple fixes it.
Quote 0 0
Mags
There's many reports on this on FB repair groups. 
The aftermarket screens have to be flashed with the new software. Some US suppliers have equipment to do this, so they're starting to fill up they're stocks with functioning screens. 
But, what's also new is that the ambient light sensor won't work after a screen replacement. That's both with original display and aftermarket. The sensor needs to be paired with the screen, just like the homebutton. (This is on iPhone 8 and X).
Quote 0 0
ifitaintbrokedontfixit
Mags, I think the Ambient Light Sensor is only affected on the X not the 8? I may be wrong but that is my understanding of it, what it does show is that from the X onwards 3rd party repairs look to be a thing of the past unless Apple can be stopped. I used to think that anti-competitive laws could help but pairing hardware to boards circumvents even that possibility. 
Quote 0 0
Steve
Hi all,

We have seen only a very few issues of this reported on screens we have supplied however we have been looking into the issue.

It seems the best fix for now is to put the phone into DFU mode and carry out a restore, this according to:#

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/04/10/ios-113-upgrade-fatal-for-some-repaired-iphone-8-screens-done-by-third-party-shops seems to be fixing most issues

Hopefully Apple will soon update / patch like they did with iOS 11 when we had the same issue last year.

Steve  
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
Harpo
It's all very well to suggest a dfu restore but there are dangers in so doing if the phone has another fault (eg minor water damage)?? As I understand it, putting into dfu before restore can permanently lock the phone ie destroy it. !?
As a repairer, this is not a risk I'm willing to take!!
Quote 0 0
Harpo
I recently "unfroze" an 8+ by upgrade to 11.3.1. But guy says it's frozen again since. 
Ie digitizer not working. 
Anyone know much about 11.3.1 / iPhone 8 compatibility?
Quote 0 0
ifitaintbrokedontfixit
You may need to change the screen for a screen with an upgraded chip, I got some and this certainly solves the issue (for the being anyway) 
Quote 0 0
Harpo
Do you mean OEM?
Quote 0 0
ifitaintbrokedontfixit
No there are updated aftermarket screens with an upgraded chip that solve this issue, if you look at the original Apple Insider report there is this a quote "Repair shops have figured out how to fix the phones, by opening them and "upgrading" the chips, the story said." I have fitted some screens that have come from a supplier with this upgraded chip and it solved the issue. 
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.