jonc
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had the following fault and if you could give me any ideas of how I could sort the problem. Apologies for the long story ... 

I am repairing an iPhone 7 for a relative. The screen was smashed after it had been dropped. I replaced the screen (the screen wasn't from Replace Base I am sorry to say my relative had got it from Amazon - all other replacement parts I have ordered from Replace Base) and it was stuck on the Apple logo. It wasn't even recognised when I plugged it into a MacBook. Not rebooting or trying to put the phone in DFU mode helped. I discovered that if the front camera was disconnected then the phone would start up. I replaced the front camera and the phone worked fine.

I then discovered it wasn't charging so I replaced the charging assembly. The phone then worked fine I restored it and started to test it and needed to change the rear camera. I replaced the rear camera and it seemed to work fine until I turned it off and it was then stuck on the Apple logo again. I rebooted it, put it in DFU mode with no success. I left it on charge overnight and when I checked it in the morning it was back on. 

I have since tried to restore my relatives back up to it and once it had restored it shut down and is now stuck on the Apple logo again. 

I didn't realise it until yesterday but the phone had also been in water (although in an Otterbox case) 

Any help or assistance would be much appreciated - thank you in advance.
Quote 0 0
iTechRepairs.ie
Since the phone was under water it can be anything. And the part where you replaced the screen could be coincidental. Signature faults such as the baseband CPU or the Sound IC could be the problem. Until you bring it to a reputable repair shop and have them take a look at it you'll just keep on guessing.
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
I agree with Itechrepairs. There are numerous possibilities. The phone needs to be properly stripped down, shields removed and only then can the problem be investigated. Power rails will need testing, IC's may need to be removed and any corrosion dealt with. There is a good chance that the phone is beyond repair but at the moment you are throwing good money away on peripheral parts and not investigating the root problem.
The Micro Guys Ltd
WEB   http://www.themicroguys.co.uk
EMAIL service@themicroguys.co.uk
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0
mikeherberts
Phew...I agree with the above. To start I'd open the phone up again and remove the Logic board for a microscope inspection, looking for any signs of shorts and corrosion. Use a DC supply to check for shorts. If there is a hint of corrosion you will need to remove the shields for further inspection....and so it starts... 
Quote 0 0
Screen Savers!
I have a simuilar issue have  customers iphone 7 stuck on the apple logo but reboots every 3 minutes roughly so tried restoring it and it gets to about 25 percent and the phone reboots and looses communication with the computer tried new battery and display still same even running it on my mains power supply machine its either logic board shorted somewhere or software issues the phone has no water damage on the indicator stickers any suggestions ??
Quote 0 0
Luke
Hi Screen Savers, which parts were you replacing on the customers iphone 7? As the boot looping can be caused by a number of parts. 
Quote 0 0
Screen Savers!
Hey luke 
Thanks for the reply but i havent replaced any parts i recieved the phone in this condition to repair with no water damage visible or display faults and the battery tested out good even swapped for another and tried my dc power supply so i think its a hardware issue but unable to get restore or update phone 

Thanks again!
Quote 0 0
Luke
Hi Screen Savers, not sounding too good if i am honest, sounds like you might be right in regards to perhaps a hardware issue, hopefully a simple issue! Sorry i can't be of more help, though we do stock board level components for the 7 if it turns out to be one of these parts that are faulty.
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.