Marc CLH
I need to fix my first iPhone 7 - once a new screen is placed, it seems the phone is no longer 'waterproof'? Is there a adhesive that can be applied to make it 'waterproof' again?
Quote 0 0
scott2326
Replacebase sell the adhesive gasket, however unless you clean the old off and for new perfectly I doubt you will get as good as a seal as from factory. Also it's not water proof, just splash proof. I've had many i7's in for repair that have gotten wet and the 'seal' as been of no protection at all. 
Quote 1 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
go very carefull with the 7, so many booby traps on this phone.  Read up on them.  and agree just by a adhesive kit or use a double sided tape, not going to be 100% but just as good as original.
Quote 1 0
Daiphone
Andy @ ACE-Repairs wrote:
go very carefull with the 7, so many booby traps on this phone.  Read up on them.  and agree just by a adhesive kit or use a double sided tape, not going to be 100% but just as good as original.

I was lead to believe that if you replace the screen on the iPhone 7, the home button would stop working, even if original home button was transferred. I replaced mine yesterday any everything is fine including the fingerprint recognition feature. Is this no longer the case? 
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
Daiphone wrote:

I was lead to believe that if you replace the screen on the iPhone 7, the home button would stop working, even if original home button was transferred. I replaced mine yesterday any everything is fine including the fingerprint recognition feature. Is this no longer the case? 

If you are carefull like you did then there is no problem.  Alot of people find they damage the home button flex which stops the home button and/or touch ID working.  No fix for the touch ID however if the home button is damaged a new home button is needed then the old home button IC needs removing and putting on the new home button. 
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
Quote:

A lot of the problems with the home button on the IP7 are related to poor quality screens missing critical traces on the button connector flex.
The Micro Guys Ltd
WEB   http://www.themicroguys.co.uk
EMAIL service@themicroguys.co.uk
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0
irepairtechsouth
The home button is coded to the original logic board so if you damage the original home button then you will need to replace it. A new home button will work as a home button but the Touch ID won't work. 
But if you are very careful you can transfer the home button no problem. Download the guide from iFixit it's pretty good!
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.