Jay
Hi all,

ordered an iPhone 7 Screen from Replace Base, not ordered many from RB.

I paid more than the cheaper ones on their website.

on powering up the iPhone 7 it shows the Apple logo, doesn't boot to the main screen.

I have connected the original screen that worked fine, albeit cracked and the iPhone boots up fine.

now I'm in the situation where the Touch ID and home button is not working with the original screen on?, was working fine when the customer gave me the iPhone.

I have been doing repairs for several years, I order from a few suppliers and I know on occasions you can get a suspect part, I'm not naive to this and I've experienced it personally.

I will send back the screen not a problem (I've been assured I will be refunded my postage, only 1st class recorded on £90+ screen)

Why would the Touch ID / home button stop working, even on the original screen when it worked before? I'm baffled by this.

Seems odd after fitting a advertised OEM screen from RB that I now face these issues, and just for info the home button was taken off with care and the other cables, no damage, tears at all.

any advice appreciated.

UPDATED BY RB: Removed irrelevant content - any issues with returns please contact RB admin, Steve@replacebase.co.uk or sales@replacebase.co.uk
Quote 0 0
Jay
Interesting, got this from ifixit forum.

i will soon find out when I try the other screens I've ordered, if this is the case then I will have to put my customers original screen back on fully, send him to Apple to try his luck.

I have unplugged the battery and left it, reconnected and still no Touch ID.

seems like a dodgy screen has taken out the Touch ID in the process, brilliant RB.

I'm hot & bothered and pi$$ed off.

IMG_0814.PNG
Quote 0 0
Jay
I have received 2 other screens from another supplier, both do not allow the home button / Touch ID to work.

since fitting the RB screen the Touch ID / button has failed, I'm not a happy chap as it worked perfectly fine before fitting the suspect screen from RB... clearly has caused the problem here! 

I wont buy from RB again.
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
Are you sure you didn't damage the home button itself during removal, possible you tried to remove it the same way as the iPhone 6 and created a micro fracture on the flex I also know the adhesive on this flex is extremely strong so maybe it was torn trying to get under it, never had the issue you describe from RB, buy  another home button and swap the ic??

The will sort home button function but not touch id
Quote 0 0
Jay
Bytesize wrote:
Are you sure you didn't damage the home button itself during removal, possible you tried to remove it the same way as the iPhone 6 and created a micro fracture on the flex I also know the adhesive on this flex is extremely strong so maybe it was torn trying to get under it, never had the issue you describe from RB, buy  another home button and swap the ic??

The will sort home button function but not touch id

I was extra careful taking the home button off, aware of the issues around this area so took plenty of time. No tears or damage to the flex.

have you swapped the IC from the flex have you? not something I would do sorry to say.

I strongly believe an issue was with the screen here and caused a short somehow on the home button flex, it never worked again even after putting the old screen back on.

other screens I ordered from another supplier didn't work.

I will now only use genuine Apple refurbished 7 screens.

customer not happy to have no home button function, he's taking it to Apple or going through insurance.
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
Jay have a good look on the web, seems like there is loads of problems with the 7 home buttons once swapped.
Quote 0 0
Steve
Also, doesn't seem relevant to this issue but this thread is discussing getting the home button feedback working again on a replacement home button

http://forum.replacebase.co.uk/post?id=8525252&pid=1296329294#post1296329294
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.