Docthecroc
Hi we have repaired lots of screens on iPhones & never really had any issues at all. Everything is always carried out correctly with every screen replacement. 
Had an iPhone 7 Plus in for the usually screen replacement & they  wanted the original Apple lcd replacement fitting. So as normal everything was carefully transferred to the new screen & then the phone was booted up. On booting up the phone it took over 1 miniute to boot up & then when it did after entering the passcode you could swipe pages but as soon as you clicked on any app there was a 10 second delay before it opened. This continued even after several soft resets etc, we also tried removing home button, front camera flex & there was still no change. So we decided to refit the original screen & still the phone takes over a minute to boot & the lag continues. Has anybody else come across this yet, I think this maybe something to do with IOS 11 update & apples little bugs 🐛 
Quote 0 0
Gadget Rehab
Hi There,

When you say Apple Original replacement screen was this taken from another 7Plus or is it OEM stock? 

The reason for asking is because we had the same issue however it came down to a bad OEM part. Perhaps try changing the screen again using another OEM part or try a transfer from an Original 7Plus device.

Let me know if this helps. 
Quote 1 0
Docthecroc
Hi thank you for your comment the screen we used for the replacement was an original Apple screen display we tried two different displays & the outcome was the same. 
We also tried their screen back on the device & it still had the same issues. 
We isolated all other parts on the screen unit front camera flex & home button flex but again still no joy.

We’ve changed quite a few iPhone 7 Plus screens with original or copy & never had any issues before but I think most where on iOS 10 not 11 so I have a sneaky suspicion Apple are up to their old tricks again regarding third party repairs 🙁
Quote 0 0
TheGadgetGeek
I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the front camera.  I found that with OEM or aftermarket screens if the camera flex is faulty or not plugged in them it takes a long time to boot and has very delayed touchscreen response.
Quote 1 0
Docthecroc
Hi Gadget geek
we have found the solution it was as you said the front camera flex & also the iPhone was on iOS 11.0.2. We updated the iPhone to 11.0.3 & the iPhone started to work correctly then on testing again we found the proximity sensor was faulty. 
Everything is working correctly now thank you for your comments guys 👍
Quote 0 0
Jay
Docthecroc wrote:
Hi Gadget geek
we have found the solution it was as you said the front camera flex & also the iPhone was on iOS 11.0.2. We updated the iPhone to 11.0.3 & the iPhone started to work correctly then on testing again we found the proximity sensor was faulty. 
Everything is working correctly now thank you for your comments guys 👍

so you replaced the front cam cable and updated and everything was good, that's good to hear 👍🏻
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.