Steve

OK, so all in the industry will already know this but changing the home button on and Touch ID enabled Apple device prevents Touch ID from working, this is because the button that your iDevice shipped with is paired to your iDevice, currently only Apple can programme a new button to an iDevice.

With the introduction of haptic feedback from the iPhone 7 onwards replacing the button now renders your iDevices home button completely useless, this is because Apple removed all moving parts (including the physical internal button) and reply purple on the Touch ID and digital interface.

At least we have some good news!

The Chinese engineers have been working hard to find a work around, after a few months of trial and error we now have a great modification for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, this brings back the home button function (although not touch ID) but at least you can use the home button again!

What is it?

It’s a replacement charging port for your iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, its been modified to allow a physical button to be present and function as your home button usually would.

Our kit comes with everything you need to make this handy mod work

• Modified charging port
  • Internal button mechanism flex cable
  • External colour match button
  • Strip of foam

Hows it installed?

Easy.. the charge port is replaced in the exact same way as a standard OEM part, the only change is that you need to remove the speaker bracket in the bottom left corner (the small black bracket held in with 2 screws, this isn’t required and has no function and due to space limitations needs to be removed.

The home button parts will fit into the screen under the standard bracket, once assembled into the screen you can add the foam padding underneath to secure the button in place.

How is this version different to others?

These Chinese have been working on these for a while, earlier this year they released the first version at a cheaper price, although this worked as expected it did cause several issues with the phones normal function (usually caused overheating) and most were recalled, if you see a cheap version in the market of this part be very wary.

Ours are the 3rd generation and fully tested to be 100% compatible with your phone

Any limitations?

Yes, although the button function will be restores to its former glory (including Siri and double tap) the Touch ID still wont function, also, using headphones on the lightning port will no longer function, we would recommend using this mod only if your happy using Bluetooth headphones.

More information:

We recommend this part is fitted by someone failure with iPhones but wouldn’t want to discourage you from giving it a go yourself, if you have any questions or need assistance you can contact our team of experts at any time.

iPhone 7 BlackRBSKU8595
iPhone 7 GoldRBSKU8596
iPhone 7 WhiteRBSKU8594
iPhone 7 Plus BlackRBSKU8593
iPhone 7 Plus GoldRBSKU8592
iPhone 7 Plus WhiteRBSKU8591

Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
BriG1
Thanks very much for that. I will certainly try one out for my next repair. 
Quote 0 0
Mark810
For those that have done these how does the v1 and v2 compare and have you had any issues with them
Quote 0 0
Bill Gromitt
Hi spent a very carefull day changing out the replacement iphone7 home button function restore and modifiction charge port V2.
All replacement went well figured out where to connect the new home button to on the new modified charge port assemble no instructions seem available but it seems quite straight forward to do. Switch phone on it booted up okay i had the virtual home button activated tried  a pressed on the new mechanical button quess what it did nothing, used virtual button to return to home screen went into settings turned of virtual button powered phone off then rebooted phone no virtual button present tried new mechanical home button nothing happens phone operates okay wifi ect ect using the virtual button again. anybody any ideas whats wrong with this modified charge port do i need to change any other settings, will give it a go again tomorro but its looking like i shall be taking it out replacing the original and and sending it back to ReplaceBase for my money back
Quote 0 0
Jonnybabb25
Hello Bill. I installed one yesterday and mine was a full success. I thought I'll pop a message here to help you out. When I first installed the MOD the button was also not working. But I found the issue straight away. I found that before the button would work I needed to put in the pin code for the first time after a device restart. Then after that the button works as normal. I see in your original post that you deactivated assistive touch then done a restart. Now you have no button or assistive touch. Turn your phone off. Now turn the phone on. This will aloud you to type in the pin for the first time. Once the pins entered the button will work fine and as normal. But say if you run out of charge or switch off again that initial first time pin code will be needed before the button works again. I do hope this helps. If you are still stuck with this. Pop me a message here I'll try to help out some more. 
Regards 
Jonathan 

Hi spent a very carefull day changing out the replacement iphone7 home button function restore and modifiction charge port V2.
All replacement went well figured out where to connect the new home button to on the new modified charge port assemble no instructions seem available but it seems quite straight forward to do. Switch phone on it booted up okay i had the virtual home button activated tried  a pressed on the new mechanical button quess what it did nothing, used virtual button to return to home screen went into settings turned of virtual button powered phone off then rebooted phone no virtual button present tried new mechanical home button nothing happens phone operates okay wifi ect ect using the virtual button again. anybody any ideas whats wrong with this modified charge port do i need to change any other settings, will give it a go again tomorro but its looking like i shall be taking it out replacing the original and and sending it back to ReplaceBase for my money back
Quote 0 0
Bill Gromitt
Hi Johnny i have no problems starting and stopping assistive touch button just using a startup and entering the pin code everytime is not a problem the phone charges okay as well putting in the pin  this does not solve my none operation problem of the new HB also on start up it tells me unable to activate touch id on this phone this i  expect as i know the finger print reader dont work. Have tried a complete reset on this phone still no responce from the new button.

the phone operates and charges all works okay with the modified lightning port with the exception of the home button which when the phone is booted up the taptic engine fires with three vibrations and then it does nothing at all. The ribbons and button visually under magnification appear perfect so im stumped with this one.
I have done many iphone repairs over the years from 1's to 6's also many ipods and a few 7's with no problems this is the first problem i have encountered so any assistance on this would be welcome.
maybe its just the new button thats dodgey

Quote 0 0
Jonnybabb25
If correctly installed and the button is still not functioning its quite possible the button could be dodgey.? Replacebase are really good with returns, they’ll have it replaced in no time for you. I know Replacebase have a repair shop now called Repairbase. If you send the device to them they supply and fit the MOD for £44.95. Maybe this is something to look at. Thanks for reading. Regards Jonathan 
Quote 0 0
Bill Gromitt
Thanks Jonny for your input much appreciated, just waiting for Replacebase Techs to update me with any info, i have contacted Replacebase and they will hopefully post some info on this thread. Iam sure this can be resolved.
Quote 1 0
Mark810
Guys the v1 version of the mod how can I get the button to stay in place and not feel loose
Quote 0 0
Jonnybabb25
Hello Mark. You could try popping a rubber spacer behind it. This will push the MOD home button closer to the screen stopping it from moving. I’ll post the website to the item on replacebase. I would try it.  

https://www.replacebase.co.uk/iphone-4s-oem-replacement-plastic-external-home-button-with-spacer-and-rubber-black/

Do let me know how you get on.
Regards, Jonathan

Mark810 wrote:
Guys the v1 version of the mod how can I get the button to stay in place and not feel loose
Quote 0 0
Bill Gromitt
I thought there were some major issues with this type of home button mod hence Version2 ???
Quote 0 0
Mark810
Really? If so why are they still selling it
Quote 0 0
Mark810
What issue were there?
Quote 0 0
Steve
Hi All,

@Bill, please pop a message across to sales@replacebase.co.uk saying your part is suspect faulty, we will get a replacement shipped for you ASAP

@Mark, the issue with the original (prior to the V1) was that is caused battery drain and overheating, this was resolved in V1, the only difference between V1 and V2 is that the V2 looks and fits much tidier and the button response is a little better.  When you installed your V1 did you install the small foam padding part? this firm up the button. 
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
Jonnybabb25
ReplaceBase don't sell the V1 Mods anymore Mark. It's all about the V2 now. As stated in Steve's original post. The Chinese was trying to make this V1 Mod and it was all trail and error. Hence little issues on the V1. I couldn't recommended the V2 Mod any higher. Mine works perfectly. The home button screws to the back of my screen, No movement on the home button what so ever. The new home has a flex which clicks into a FPC on the new port. The flex tucks behind the end on the charging port. I personally think the V2 is well thought out and I take my hat of to them.

Mark810 wrote:
Really? If so why are they still selling it
Quote 1 0
Mark810
Steve 

i didnt get a foam foam part with it when it was delivered mate

Steve wrote:
Hi All,

@Bill, please pop a message across to sales@replacebase.co.uk saying your part is suspect faulty, we will get a replacement shipped for you ASAP

@Mark, the issue with the original (prior to the V1) was that is caused battery drain and overheating, this was resolved in V1, the only difference between V1 and V2 is that the V2 looks and fits much tidier and the button response is a little better.  When you installed your V1 did you install the small foam padding part? this firm up the button. 
Quote 0 0
Mark810
also I can guarantee they do sell the v1 as that’s what I ordered and what they delivered

Steve wrote:
Hi All,

Jonnybabb25 wrote:
ReplaceBase don't sell the V1 Mods anymore Mark. It's all about the V2 now. As stated in Steve's original post. The Chinese was trying to make this

Jonnybabb25 wrote:
ReplaceBase don't sell the V1 Mods anymore Mark. It's all about the V2 now. As stated in Steve's original post. The Chinese was trying to make this V1 Mod and it was all trail and error. Hence little issues on the V1. I couldn't recommended the V2 Mod any higher. Mine works perfectly. The home button screws to the back of my screen, No movement on the home button what so ever. The new home has a flex which clicks into a FPC on the new port. The flex tucks behind the end on the charging port. I personally think the V2 is well thought out and I take my hat of to them.

Quote 0 0
Bill Gromitt
@Steve Thanks i will contact them straight away about a replacement part, also thanks for clarifying the discusion about the original replacement button and the V1 & V2
models i didnt realise there had been 3 types i only new of the V1 & V2
Quote 0 0
Bill Gromitt
well i received the replacement for the home button and lightning modified port spent a very carefull couple of hours swapping out the assembly with the first one from Replacebase. switch the phone on entered the pass code and this replacement does nothing, truely fed up with this now for the price of this i cant say im impressed will be packaging both units up and sending them back as dudes, the phone charges and wifi works all cameras work all apps work phone is okay except this home button is not functioning may as well fit a dummy in the hole and tell my customer to use the virtual home button as this functions, sorry to say im very disapointed in the product, but the Replacebase service is fast and good. Any one offer any help with this problem i would be most gratefull
Quote 0 0
Jonnybabb25
I’ve installed 2 now and both working perfect. Send me some pictures bill if you have time. Main flex to logic board and home flex send pictures. I’ll see if I can see anything. My email is

itmagicrothwell@gmail.com.

Ragards Jonathan 

QUOTE username=Bill Gromitt userid=6538093 postid=1307222739]well i received the replacement for the home button and lightning modified port spent a very carefull couple of hours swapping out the assembly with the first one from Replacebase. switch the phone on entered the pass code and this replacement does nothing, truely fed up with this now for the price of this i cant say im impressed will be packaging both units up and sending them back as dudes, the phone charges and wifi works all cameras work all apps work phone is okay except this home button is not functioning may as well fit a dummy in the hole and tell my customer to use the virtual home button as this functions, sorry to say im very disapointed in the product, but the Replacebase service is fast and good. Any one offer any help with this problem i would be most gratefull
Quote 0 0
Keleko
Can anyone tell me what I do with this on the V2 mod?
Also, how does the home button flex fold up so it don't get caught?
Cheers for any help and input.
IMG_20190218_160620.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Jonnybabb25
This black piece replaces the old black piece that holds the microphone in place at the bottom on the phone. With the flex I just put mine right at the back on the charging port. It's doesn't look tidy but it stops it from getting crushed or damaged when the phone is resealed 

Keleko wrote:
Can anyone tell me what I do with this on the V2 mod?
Also, how does the home button flex fold up so it don't get caught?
Cheers for any help and input.
IMG_20190218_160620.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Lockpicker
Hi, just want to confirm having fitted V2 to a 7 plus it originally  would not work, but after switching off and on now works great except fingerprint of course. 
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.