Patty37

Hi,

My friend tried to replace her screen but has ended up stripping screws (she claims it was already like this but I find that unlikely) on the LCD connector plate. I have attached a photo. Does anyone have any idea how I can get these bottom screws out?

Thanks 😉

hhtps:// imgur.com/a/Mo4QV

Quote 0 0
MACH Computers

I've come across this before and here is the way that I get around it. Using a file, gently create a little notch in one side of the head just deep enough to get a no 1 or 1.5 screwdriver tip into and then, holding the driver handle at an angle to the head, tap the end of the driver handle to push the edge of the head around. It works like a charm every time. 

If you need a visual aid just say and I'll mock up a quick reconstruction for you 🙂

Chris - Owner
MACH Computers Kent

W: http://www.machcomputers.co.uk
E: service@machcomputers.co.uk
T: 01622 236343
Quote 0 0
Patty37
MACH Computers wrote:

I've come across this before and here is the way that I get around it. Using a file, gently create a little notch in one side of the head just deep enough to get a no 1 or 1.5 screwdriver tip into and then, holding the driver handle at an angle to the head, tap the end of the driver handle to push the edge of the head around. It works like a charm every time. 

If you need a visual aid just say and I'll mock up a quick reconstruction for you 🙂

A mock up would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 
Quote 0 0
MACH Computers
I'm out of the office for the most part of today so I'll get some photos and sort a small guide for you tomorrow ðŸ™‚
Chris - Owner
MACH Computers Kent

W: http://www.machcomputers.co.uk
E: service@machcomputers.co.uk
T: 01622 236343
Quote 0 0
Patty37
MACH Computers wrote:
I'm out of the office for the most part of today so I'll get some photos and sort a small guide for you tomorrow Ã°Å¸â„¢â€š

Thats much appreciated Chris. Thank you. 
Quote 0 0
XeroidKid
Hi, 
Take a good quality rubber band, lay a piece of it across the screw head.
then take your screw driver place it over the head pressing through the band and try that.
I've tried it before slightly bigger screw but it did work.
You can actually get a pair of pliers made especially for the job on Amazon, I even reviewed them on their site.
If you look for the following item.
Multi function combi pliers with neji-saurus 'damaged screw' extracting jaws. Made in Japan. Engineer pz-58 (green grips)
Hope this helps.
Quote 0 0
Patty37
XeroidKid wrote:
Hi, 
Take a good quality rubber band, lay a piece of it across the screw head.
then take your screw driver place it over the head pressing through the band and try that.
I've tried it before slightly bigger screw but it did work.
You can actually get a pair of pliers made especially for the job on Amazon, I even reviewed them on their site.
If you look for the following item.
Multi function combi pliers with neji-saurus 'damaged screw' extracting jaws. Made in Japan. Engineer pz-58 (green grips)
Hope this helps.

Hi,

Tried the rubber band thing before but it wouldn't work unfortunately. Might try these pliers. Thanks for the info. 😉
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.