BriG1
Hi, I have changed all the antennas in my iPhone 6 and still am getting a weak network signal (2 dots) in comparison to another iPhone 6 with the same sim put in it (4 dots). Wi-Fi and 3g/4g are great just the network problems.  Anyone any ideas?
Thanks
Quote 0 0
NinjaRepairs
hat antennas have u change ?? , and it could be a board fualt mate that would need micro soldering etc let us know the antennas u have replaced tho 
Quote 0 0
BriG1
Hi, I changed the charging port assembly and also the little top unit. I checked the long lead that is connected at the back of the logic board and it was all connected tight.
Quote 0 0
NinjaRepairs
hmmm yeah it must be a board issue, is the device bent in any way ?? i had an iphone 6 which i changed everything and i wouldn't pick up signal was a board fault get it stripped and under a microscope mate
Quote 0 0
BriG1
OK thanks. Is that something you do? How much would it cost me roughly?
Quote 0 0
NinjaRepairs
yes mate send it to me ill have allot for free for you happy to have a look for free mate and if anything needs done and what it is ill let you know pal [smile] message me on here for details 
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
Hi BriG1, when you changed the charge port were all the screws put back securely, there is an antenna attached to the charge port, was this clicked in to place securely, does the solder joint from this antenna to the charge port look securely soldered, do you have another charge port to try?
Quote 0 0
BriG1
many thanks for you advice etc.?
Yes I took everything out of the case and cleaned it thoroughly with alcohol and made sure all the screws were tight. I tried a couple of charge ports and the one that's in now is new. I did get a bit of improvement but it's still a bit weaker than my other iPhone 6. I think I will try a different case as I have a couple of spares. Failing that I will take it to someone who had the correct gear to look closely at the logic board. Thanks again for your help.
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
Was it the same prior to your repair?  eg no improvement?  Has the phone ever had water damage or been repaired before?  if not I would try a factory reset & reinstall software via DFU mode.   
Quote 0 0
BriG1
Hi, Thanks for your message. Yes I bought it water damaged and stripped it down and cleaned it. I have actually found that the long antenna wire at the back of the board was slightly dislodged (probably when I used a tooth brush when cleaning it). I have secured it and the signal is better now. It gets no further that four dots when my other one is on 5 with the same sim but I can live with that now. Thanks again.
Quote 1 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.