BriG1
Hi all,
My iPhone 6 touch screen stops working when I put it in a hard case. It works perfectly when not in the case. How do I fix this please? I have taken the screen connections off and cleaned them and reconnected them a few times with no luck. Anyone have experience of this please? The screen is the original Apple one. No water damage or drops. Thanks
Quote 0 0
Luke
Hi Brig1,

Could be being caused by a couple of issues, when you are taking the screen back up after the touch has stopped working and you noticing any bends on the cable from a component getting in the way? It could be a loose, damaged or defective connection, have you checked to make sure this is flush to the device when fitted and isn't just coming loose?
Quote 0 0
BriG1
Thanks for your reply Luke. Yes the connections are all secure and I don’t see any twists in the cables so I have come the conclusion that it is the famous touch disease after googling it. I’ve sent it to a good repair shop who think it is the touch IC. Very frustrating these issues. Thanks again for your help. Brian 
Quote 0 0
Total Computer Services
If it's only when in a case it could be the proximity sensor is being triggered.
Quote 0 0
chesterrepaircentre
This is clearly a Touch IC problem - suggestions about the proximity sensor being triggered or flex cables being bent are nonsense. iPhone 6 has a known problem and any flexing of the chassis can separate the touch Ic from the main board - the act of putting it into a hard tight fitting case could easily be flexing the board enough to cause this issue. 

My advice - if it works out of the case leave it out of the case but the issue will likely develop further and it will not work either in or out of case. 
Quote 1 0
BriG1
Thanks for that and yes I came to that conclusion and have sent it to have the touch IC chip replaced. Have just got a message from them saying that it’s fixed. No more hard cases!
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.