Ginny
I'v just replaced my granddaughters screen with the replacement from Replace Base and the phone is now better than it was before, very easy job to do, any advice needed give me a shout, ginny.

I'm always willing to help others and all i ask in return is respect as i give to others on any forum.

Quote 2 0
Steve
Great to hear Ginny [smile]
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
Pepperonii
Hi, 
just awaiting delivery of my replacement screen.
I was wondering, was there any  adhesive involved and did you swap over the home button? 
Any other tips would be welcomed. 
Cheers
Quote 0 0
Ginny

Hi, I replaced the screen on my granddaughters phone but opted to use the non oem replacement as this comes complete and not having to swap any bits over like the home button and camera ect.

The only advice I will give you is to be careful with the ribbon cables, it’s very easy job just take your time, there is no glue involved with replacing the screen and the feedback I received from my granddaughter is the phone works better than it was new, so happy days.

The non oem replacement screen is excellent quality and cheaper than the original replacement, if you have replaced the screens before you will know about the cables ect and not to bend them and over tighten screws ect, good luck and let me know how you get on, Ginn.

I'm always willing to help others and all i ask in return is respect as i give to others on any forum.

Quote 1 0
Pepperonii
Thanks Ginny

So, I've had some success with the screen replacement.
I have replaced an iPhone 5 screen (not home button) previously, with success, and found the 6 a lot easier to work with. 
I went with the OEM part, a little more expensive, but hopefully it will last! It fit perfectly and looks identical, apart from a couple of Apple logos on some of the ribbons. 

While fitting I accidentally replaced some of the small screws in the wrong positions and the phone would not power up. I soon realised this, after searching the web and sorted it quickly enough. 

My only issue is with the finger print recognition on the home button. It no longer works. I probably damaged the delicate ribbon while swapping over, but I can live with this for now. 

Cheers 
P
Quote 0 0
oliverking2
Pepperonii wrote:
Thanks Ginny

So, I've had some success with the screen replacement.
I have replaced an iPhone 5 screen (not home button) previously, with success, and found the 6 a lot easier to work with. 
I went with the OEM part, a little more expensive, but hopefully it will last! It fit perfectly and looks identical, apart from a couple of Apple logos on some of the ribbons. 

While fitting I accidentally replaced some of the small screws in the wrong positions and the phone would not power up. I soon realised this, after searching the web and sorted it quickly enough. 

My only issue is with the finger print recognition on the home button. It no longer works. I probably damaged the delicate ribbon while swapping over, but I can live with this for now. 

Cheers 
P

If you want the Touch ID to continue working after you have replaced the screen you have to transfer the home button from the old screen to the new screen. This is because the Touch ID function is locked to the logic board so the Touch ID will only work with the original home button.
Quote 0 0
MACH Computers

Just to elaborate on the above, on the 6 series iPhones, only the 'S' models have any adhesive to replace when doing any screen repairs (or when opening up the phone in general) 

There is a gasket around the home button which should really be replaced each time its removed. You can get away with using a small peice of double sided tape and re-stick the old gasket back in place if you wish, its there really to seal the button and to stop it rotating - anyone who's had a 5 or 5c thats been repaired may be able to relate to this. 

@Pepperonii - a little tip for the LCD flex cables. Do NOT bend them as they come out of the screen directly, this is a first class ticket to killing the display. The bend in the flex should be progressive and should occur about half way up the length of the flex. Refer to the old flex for where this is roughly. You don't need to pre-bend it, it will do it itself as you fit it. 

When lining up the new screen, keep it at a 90 degree angle to the chassis. Leaning the LCD against a box or such like will do or use an elastic band around a can to stop it slipping around. Be careful when pressing the LCD connectors in place, the last thing you want is to damage the mainboard connectors - a costly mistake for some. 

Ultimately, if in doubt, take some photos and ask. Theres no shame in asking. 

Chris - Owner
MACH Computers Kent

W: http://www.machcomputers.co.uk
E: service@machcomputers.co.uk
T: 01622 236343
Quote 1 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.