jimyoco01
Hi Guys

I have just replaced a lightning port on an I Phone 6. All went well but went to turn phone back on and it does not seam to boot up. The screen stays black, I cant determine if the phone has started but screen not displaying or if I have not got working at all. Checked the battery voltage to see if dead and had residual 2v so checked the voltage coming from lightning port and is charging at 3.7 so all seams ok there. I am now lost as to if this would be a board issue or an on off switch problem. Can anyone suggest where I would go from here to make further check and determine the problem.

Many thanks in advance

Jim Young
Quote 0 0
iTechRepairs.ie
Check the positive and negative on the battery connector with the phone plugged in and the battery disconnected. You should get somewhere between 3.7V & 4V. Also see if the phone gets recognised by the PC with the battery plugged in. Also what was the reason for replacing the charging port in the first place?
Quote 0 0
jimyoco01
Hi Guys

Many thanks for your reply, I have checked and am getting over 3.7v when plugged in charging, I replaced the port because the lightning conector was very loose and was giving issues charging, phone is not recognised when plugged into pc,

any advice would be welcome

cheers
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.