nabby68

My friend broke his screen on his phone and also his home button not working. I said I would fix both for him, so replaced screen, which I've done many times, and replaced home button with one bought off eBay. Screen worked fine but home button not working still so I ordered (off eBay again) I replacement LCD shield with Home button cable attached. Connected all together but still not working.

Have I missed something? Could it be a board issue?

Quote 0 0
Luke
Hi There, it may be an issue with the replacement home button being faulty, some home buttons can be made as just place holders, though not usually for this device, it would be worth checking with the seller if the home button is meant to function as the original.

Otherwise it could be worth checking the connection is all flush inside and the flex is not damaged.
Quote 0 0
nabby68
Thanks Luke. I have used another supplier for the Home Button and all working fine. 
On a different issue I have now found that the torch and flash are not working maybe as a result of the drop. Any advice on this issue appreciated.
Thanks
Quote 0 0
McNaughty7
I was informed that the home button is assigned to the motherboard. If this is not transferred across from a repair then any other home button will revert to a standard home button without the ability to use the fingerprint function. All other funcrions should work. 
Quote 1 0
pickleit
nabby68 wrote:
Thanks Luke. I have used another supplier for the Home Button and all working fine. 
On a different issue I have now found that the torch and flash are not working maybe as a result of the drop. Any advice on this issue appreciated.
Thanks

Just replace the "power button/volume/side switch/flash flex cable" and the torch/flash should work again.
David Fear - Owner
Pickle IT - Bristol
W: http://www.pickle-it.co.uk
E: info@pickle-it.co.uk
T: 07708 200287
FB: pickleitbristol
Twitter: pickleitbristol
Quote 0 0
nabby68
pickleit wrote:

Just replace the "power button/volume/side switch/flash flex cable" and the torch/flash should work again.

ok I’ve replaced power button/flash flex and still not working. Could it be a board issue?
thanks
Quote 0 0
Luke
Hi There,

It could be board damage, definitely worth taking a look at all the components on the flex and around it where you think they may be damaged, but it could also be that the replacement flex is faulty or damaged? It can be a number of issues and as this just isn't working it is hard to single out where the issue is exactly.
Quote 0 0
Hammerhead
I also have a problem with a home button not working, after a replacement FX5 screen was fitted. Even after another screen was ordered, it was still faulty (not working at all, not just the fingerprint recognition).
The thing is, the button still works in the original cracked screen. 
That's the strange bit.

I was just wondering if anybody else has has had similar problems with the fx5's??? 
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Has not had a bad experience with fx screens , but probably there is a problem with cable ...
I don't know what kit you ordered , supplied with all cables - exchange your orginal LCD Back Plate with home flex ...

I have had similar experience with ipo 6sp - used copy button all working good ... (without touching id)

The customer says it has an original button somewhere - we put the original button , it was not fx LCD screen ,
the button worked anyway only fingerprint did not work - reset the phone and perfect ... (new system installation)
ipo6g.jpg 
If then do not work - Then screen fault ...

Which relates to flash are not working - check the front camera , it may not work ...
the problem is simple - check small components for corrosion , under the silicone ,
and if this silicone is not moving , it's not always moving , but it solves the camera problems ...
Flash problems fix - exchange U1602 ic ...
ipo6f.jpg  ipo6d.jpg  ipo6a.jpg 
but that applies to ipo 6 , no ipo6s , no ipo6sp , it's just for your model ipo6 ...

if anyone claims it is a universal version for all models - not true ...
ipo6.jpg 
Forum has an entry for my ipo 6sp - and everything is different there ...

https://forum.replacebase.co.uk/post/iphone-6s-plus-camera-and-flashlight-not-working-9783078?pid=1304690135

Post Scriptum -
Please do not write that you have changed a lot of screens and without problems - not true ...
Nor does it guarantee that you are a professional ... So there is a forum and RB that guarantees
that we will help prevent problems ... Only without breaking the part - and your part will be replaced ...
You will not lose your warranty if you are an amateur ( not a professional )  ...
We help amateurs become professionals ...
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.