Limebluewriter
This is an interesting fault. 
I had to change the battery and charging port. I had bought a duff battery off eBay and a charging port with out realising it until it went dead shortly after. New battery and charging port from replace base everything seemed ok then the battery ran out
and it took 4+ hours to come back on. It would cycle on then off until it would come on and stay on but there seams to be a high drain on the battery. Putting it on airplane mode helps with the charging. Still a high drain on the battery. Having to keep charging the phone and keeping it above 10% or it dies. 
Anyone have any idea about this problem. 
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
This sounds like board damage, caused by the duff charge port or possibly a component knocked off when connecting the port to the board. What made you change both the charge port and battery at the same time? Was the phone already having charge issues?
The Micro Guys Ltd
WEB   http://www.themicroguys.co.uk
EMAIL service@themicroguys.co.uk
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0
Limebluewriter
Had to change the charging port as my wife is disabled and her hands are not good so the charging port gets hammered, had issues with the battery any way. 
Quote 0 0
Limebluewriter
Just to let you know i have been in electronics for 30 years so what you are saying makes sense 
Quote 0 0
mikeherberts
Hi...Assuming good battery and good charge port. You are left with the Logic Board. First back up the phone and do a complete reset to factory settings. Then do a drain check in Airplane mod You should get much less than 1%/hr. Assuming it is good then check again with normal settings. Again you should get less than 1%/hr. if not, hunt for the application that is draining the phone. 

If in Airplane mode you still had hi drainage 1-3% +/hr then you have a logic board problem. Generally charge problems in the 6 fall to 2 chips. Tigris is responsible for actual charging and Tristar which is responsible for communicating with the charge cable and transfer of other data.

Generally most change Tristar, then Tigris or just do both to save time.

The Logic board should also be checked for any obvious short using a DC supply.
Quote 0 0
mikeherberts
I forgot to mention, most importantly a real good visual inspection of the Logic board under the microscope to check for any missing or damaged related components before any other work.
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.