Burti
Hiya
Is there anyone out there that can help? I have an iPhone 6 which I replaced the battery on, it just kept flashing between blank screen and apple logo, few seconds on few seconds off.

I have tried other batteries (including the original) and the same thing, I have also tried replacing the screen as read somewhere that that could cause the issue.

I have placed it in to DFU and get the error 4013.

I'm in the Milton Keynes area, really appreciate your assistance.
Kindest Burti
Quote 0 0
itson
Mayby you damaged board when changed the battery? Its very common, if stickers not come off well..
Quote 0 0
mikeherberts
A Boot Loop is basically a battery problem.....or.....software corruption. Which sounds like the latter with Error 4013. This would appear related to your attempt to remove the Battery...Did you use heat ? I would try to Update and Restore normally, then from DFU mode. Keep trying. If all fails, Reflowing Nand and replacing Tristar have had some success for 4013 
Quote 0 0
Burti
Hi Mike, the reflowing Nand and replacing Tristar is beyond my capabilities. Are you able to do this? Happy to send the phone, just praying it can get fixed. Thanks Burti
Quote 0 0
mikeherberts
Error 4013 has many possibilities. You need latest itunes, good cables, USB, Battery, screen. Disconnect battery flex. If repeated attempts to restore and update don't work, it is starting to become a 'rabbit hole'. Did you use heat to remove the original battery ? or did you first remove the Logic board prior to attempting to remove the Battery ?

Changing Tristar is within the capabilities of 3rd party repairers that boast microsoldering skills. Nand is something else involving more analysis for Short detection on Data lines, BGA reballing skills and possible reprogramming with a NAVPRO type.

There will be someone locally to chat to. For myself I haven't done enough BGA work to call myself skilled. Tristar is simple enough but not worth your while to send it to me as any local microsolderer will be more convenient for you....but like I said, if your getting into Board work for a '4013' it could go anywhere ..with no result in the end.

Quote 0 0
Burti
Hiya, no heat was used to remove the old battery. Only gentle leverage from the volume side after it has been disconnected. I did not remove the logic board. I shall ask around locally to see if anyone can help. Many thanks for your help.
Kindest Burti
Quote 0 0
mikeherberts
Good luck Burti
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.