IanStill
I have tried 2 different batteries from this site and put the original back in but the phone wont boot past the apple logo screen. I've hard reset it multiple times. It did once boot up properly so i thought id better turn it off and on again to test all was well but it went back to apple logo screen.
iTunes does recognise it but it does disconnect and reconnect periodically whilst connected to itunes.
Anyone know what the issue might be?
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
Hi Ian
A bit more info would be helpful. What model Iphone is it? Why did you change the battery in the first place; was it loosing it charge, taking longer to recharge or did it just stop charging all together?
Try putting the Iphone into recovery mode or even DFU mode and restoring from itunes.
It's possible you may have caused some pry damage to the logic board whilst disconnecting the battery.

The more information you provide, the greater chance you will have of someone coming along and helping you out.

Mark
The Micro Guys Ltd
WEB   http://www.themicroguys.co.uk
EMAIL service@themicroguys.co.uk
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0
IanStill
Hi Mark

Its an iphone 6. The battery was replaced due to it not lasting a day. It had just reached near its charge cycle limit. I've replaced many batteries in iphones over the last 5 years and this is the first time this has happened. I will attempt to restore via itunes over the weekend but because it has booted up fine on one occasion it led me to think there was something else going on.
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
Hi Ian,
Okay, it's just a case of eliminating as much as possible really.
You've ruled out the battery, my hunch would be board damage but I would try the restore first just to make sure this wasn't a corrupt software problem.
If that fails then a close inspection of the board would be my next move.
Also if this is a customers phone then I would try and squeeze them for more information. I've lost count now of the number of customers who have told me  that all they need is a new screen when it's plainly obvious once opened that the phones been for a swim [sneaky]
The Micro Guys Ltd
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 1 0
Jay
IanStill wrote:
I have tried 2 different batteries from this site and put the original back in but the phone wont boot past the apple logo screen. I've hard reset it multiple times. It did once boot up properly so i thought id better turn it off and on again to test all was well but it went back to apple logo screen.
iTunes does recognise it but it does disconnect and reconnect periodically whilst connected to itunes.
Anyone know what the issue might be?

you say you purchased 2 batteries from this site (RB) were these the OEM or the batteries with the RB printed on them? I have never used the RB branded batteries so don't know the history.

so your original battery was not looping before being pulled? did you get this out without bending the battery too much or did you manage to pull the adhesive cleanly from under the battery (sometimes the adhesive snaps!)

Have you tried the old battery?

I have in the past had batteries do boot loops, many moons ago from a supplier I no longer buy from because they wouldn't acknowledge the batteries were the problem and it was something else! needless to say trying another battery from a different supplier sorted the issue.

sounds similar to the problem ive had, if you are 100% you have not done any pry damage I would say the batteries are duff, get them RMA'd or try another source for batteries.

buying batteries can be problematic, one of my suppliers did have issues (not referencing RB here) I was having issues and was having to buy more batteries to cover for bad ones, he changed supplier and the price went up but the quality was massively increased.

some sellers sell used, pulled batteries and list them as NEW.
Quote 0 0
mmedic

when removing the battey how did you remove it? and did you pry it from the motherboard side?

Any chance you have a good camera? if you can take a photo of the boad? as you might have damaged it remove the battery?

Quote 0 0
IanStill
Thanks for all the info here. Very helpful. I shall be trying a restore in recovery?DFU mode this evening. also i shall take some pix of the phone.

I removed the battery by heating the back of the phone then used a spudger to slowly pry it out. I dont go in from the logicboard side only from the top or volume button side.

The 2 batteries i've used purchased from RB are both the OEM version and non-OEM versions. the phone was not looping with the original battery in it and does still loop when i put the original back in.
Quote 0 0
Jay
IanStill wrote:
Thanks for all the info here. Very helpful. I shall be trying a restore in recovery?DFU mode this evening. also i shall take some pix of the phone.

I removed the battery by heating the back of the phone then used a spudger to slowly pry it out. I dont go in from the logicboard side only from the top or volume button side.

The 2 batteries i've used purchased from RB are both the OEM version and non-OEM versions. the phone was not looping with the original battery in it and does still loop when i put the original back in.

never had to do a restore on a battery replacement before personally.

did you remove the screen prior to doing the battery? take it you disconnected the battery first?

unsure what tools you use, how did you disconnect the battery cable and with what tool? 

maybe you need to take some pictures around the battery connector for the guys on here who do micro soldering to check out.

A right pain if this is a customers iPhone [frown] 

good luck 
Quote 0 0
IanStill
Yes the screen was removed prior to doing the battery replacement. I always remove any connector with one of the blue small spudgers that often come free with any phone part i buy.

Last night i put phone into recovery mode and began to update and restore the software. all was going well but then it just got stuck (see pic) it remained looking like this for well over an hour. What can i do now? 
IMG_4241.JPG 
Quote 0 0
Jay
IanStill wrote:
Yes the screen was removed prior to doing the battery replacement. I always remove any connector with one of the blue small spudgers that often come free with any phone part i buy.

Last night i put phone into recovery mode and began to update and restore the software. all was going well but then it just got stuck (see pic) it remained looking like this for well over an hour. What can i do now? 
IMG_4241.JPG 

personally I can't see how replacing a battery would leave you in such a situation.

you have either suspect batteries (but you say you tried the original battery and still had the same problem)

if the original battery was undamaged on pulling out and was not bent and it worked ok before, then that can only leave damage somewhere.

what did you use to heat up the iPhone, was this temperature controlled?

i suggest you post up pictures of around the battery connector and areas around where the battery sat.

cant really suggest anything else, the micro solder guys on here would need to see Pics.
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
Problem with boot looping is there are a lot of scenarios which can cause it, which makes it very hard to pin down.

Basically the phone is detecting there is a problem shuts down and tries to power up again, detects same problem and on goes the circle.

Cheap batteries reporting incorrect battery voltage/levels are a known cause. You have ruled that out as an issue.

Board damage ( which could be as simple as  a cracked solder joint on a 0201 resistor) not visible is another cause, but you are confident you have not damaged anything.

Old battery dying during an update can corrupt the software hence the restore suggestion, but as the restore is failing we can rule that out.

Screen cable damage again can cause problems especially on the camera/proximity sensor cable. To minimise this being the issue I would try reconnecting the screen without the camera/proximity cable and even the home button cable attached. Leave off the cable clamp and see if boot loop persists.
The Micro Guys Ltd
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0
IanStill
Ok sure. I'll do that with the screen connectors and try again. also i will take a picture of the logic board around the battery connector.
I'll attempt the reboot with the old battery in instead of an RB one too. thanks again for this advice. Much appreciated.
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
Pictures around the screen connectors are going to be helpful  as that is the most likely area to have received pry damage. You'll need to remove the black sticky tape stencil first. Study the connectors for bent pins, signs of lifting etc. You'll also find a black rubbery silicone with components underneath. Some good pictures of that area may help us to see if anything is missing or looking suspect. If a component has failed it will often look protruded under the silicone compared to its neighbours.
The Micro Guys Ltd
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0
IanStill
So here's an update. Last night i put the original battery back in, disconnected the screen and reseated but without proximity cable connected or home button. turned on phone, it said to press home button to update, i then reconnected home button and pressed it to allow update to happen.

the same issue occurred with it getting stuck on the apple logo with loading bar screen. So i turned it off. Put back in the RB battery i bought, reconnected all screen cables and screwed the plate back on. I then plugged into itunes, held down home button to put in restore and turned phone on. I kept holding home button as the screen was black, it then vibrated twice, my computer made sounds indicating the phone was connected. the apple logo and loading bar screen appeared for about 2 seconds then it fired up and wanted the passcode to be entered.

Fearing this was just a one off i powered it down again and turned back on. Voila, Its working and turns on and off with no problem.
whilst i had the phone open i noticed it was a third party screen as it had no foam backing on the LCD and digitiser cables.

god only knows what the issue is or was but for now all is good and im returning to the customer. 

thanks for all your input, something you guys suggested must have done the trick.
Quote 0 0
Jay
IanStill wrote:
So here's an update. Last night i put the original battery back in, disconnected the screen and reseated but without proximity cable connected or home button. turned on phone, it said to press home button to update, i then reconnected home button and pressed it to allow update to happen.

the same issue occurred with it getting stuck on the apple logo with loading bar screen. So i turned it off. Put back in the RB battery i bought, reconnected all screen cables and screwed the plate back on. I then plugged into itunes, held down home button to put in restore and turned phone on. I kept holding home button as the screen was black, it then vibrated twice, my computer made sounds indicating the phone was connected. the apple logo and loading bar screen appeared for about 2 seconds then it fired up and wanted the passcode to be entered.

Fearing this was just a one off i powered it down again and turned back on. Voila, Its working and turns on and off with no problem.
whilst i had the phone open i noticed it was a third party screen as it had no foam backing on the LCD and digitiser cables.

god only knows what the issue is or was but for now all is good and im returning to the customer. 

thanks for all your input, something you guys suggested must have done the trick.

Feel like I've been on a rollercoaster ride here with you, nothing as strange as Apple at times. Panic over hey! 
Quote 0 0
Vaclav
I have same problem with iPhone as you .I just contacted Apple support about this problem . Call me  back on phone and step by step tell me what I should do with iPhone. And after Apple support tell me make a booking a  genius appointment at Apple Store with technic inside. And after doing diagnostic tests on iPhone he found problem inside phone. I get new replacement iPhone on spot. I hope you help
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
Quote:
I have same problem with iPhone as you .I just contacted Apple support about this problem . Call me back on phone and step by step tell me what I should do with iPhone. And after Apple support tell me make a booking a genius appointment at Apple Store with technic inside. And after doing diagnostic tests on iPhone he found problem inside phone. I get new replacement iPhone on spot. I hope you help

All depends on where your nearest Apple store is really and whether you are still in warranty or not.
Chances are you've come home with someone elses refurbished crap and who knows the history of it. It could have been run over in its previous life for all you know. Also if you didn't have your data backed up and no way of backing up then you can kiss that goodbye too!
The Micro Guys Ltd
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0
IanStill
Hi Vaclav

What have you tried so far? What is your phone doing?
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
Quote:
What have you tried so far? What is your phone doing?

I think he got a replacement from Apple if I understand correctly Ian.
Hope your 6 is still running good. I'm pretty sure you had a screen issue that was causing the problem
The Micro Guys Ltd
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0
IanStill
Oh right, well if it came from apple it can go straight back there for a swap.

My issue could have been screen related. If the screen was faulty that may explain the battery draining fast prior to me replacing it. But its the same screen thats on there now and it lost zero battery percentage over night. I've not heard back from the customer so i can only assume all is working fine.
Quote 0 0
rjsoo7
What is the history of the iPhone ?? was it before changing the battery 1st time working good ?? 
Why did you changed the battery ?? 
This is a symptom of hardware fault not a software .
Maybe flash chip damaged or during the boot check the software detects a fault.
Quote 0 0
Jay
ceilouysey wrote:
Firstly, you should find out the problem of the bootloop, it's the causing of new battery or it's the problem of iOS, if it's the problem of new battery, turn to the  seller to solve the problem, if iPhone works well with old battery but doesn't work with new battery. If old battery on iPhone,but stil bootloop, use Eelphone iOS System Repair to fix iPhone stuck on bootloop without losing data.

SPAM 

Replying to a post almost 3 years old 😂
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Free version , helps if the phone is stuck , all operating systems including beta , stoping with this paid versions and spam ...

Iphone programming tool -
https://forum.replacebase.co.uk/post/iphone-ipad-ipod-watch-ios-tools-10379832?pid=1310286161

https://forum.replacebase.co.uk/post/iphone-se-screen-10379242?pid=1310286343

Kasp1.jpg  Kasp.jpg 
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.