Jay
Hi guys,

i don't get many requests for rear camera lens on the iPhone 6 / 6S but I'm getting asked to do one soon.

what is your best method of doing these?

i have tried on damaged iPhone 6 /6S housings, the 6 was easier to get the camera lens out, I did notice that instead of the whole part coming out that just the glass popped out after applying a bit of heat and poking it from the inside of the housing.

the 6S was much harder to get the whole lens out, again the glass came out first, the glass lens were not broken on mine though so doubtful they will pop out as cleanly on cracked ones.

I tried the method of using a razor blade on the outside of the housing but didn't work too good, unlike the video on YouTube where it just popped off for the guy easily. I'd most probably avoid doing this on a customers iPhone as wouldn't want to mark it.

do you guys just replace the glass lens or the glass and metal ring as a whole?

also what's the best adhesive to stick the lens back in with? 

Thanks in advance.
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
Ive tried changing the glass and metal surround before however was sort of rivited in.  So now just get the lenses from RB, remove with heat and a blade, then glue new ones in with B7000 glue.  Not done many but no returns.
Quote 1 0
Gadget Rehab
Hi Guys.

We have done a few of these in the past and how we do it is:

Remove internal rear camera
Heat the back of the glass lens (if lens cracked apply tape first)
Use a plastic spudger and push from the inside.
If it seems although its not moving apply more heat and keep pushing.
It will eventually come away - if the glass is already cracked this may come away in fragments. You then just need to clean up the remains that are left on the ring.

To apply new glass use either serious glue around the ring or gorilla gel glue (green top) - clean away any excess glue with IPA before it dries on lens.

Hope this helps.
Quote 1 0
Jay
Gadget Rehab wrote:
Hi Guys.

We have done a few of these in the past and how we do it is:

Remove internal rear camera
Heat the back of the glass lens (if lens cracked apply tape first)
Use a plastic spudger and push from the inside.
If it seems although its not moving apply more heat and keep pushing.
It will eventually come away - if the glass is already cracked this may come away in fragments. You then just need to clean up the remains that are left on the ring.

To apply new glass use either serious glue around the ring or gorilla gel glue (green top) - clean away any excess glue with IPA before it dries on lens.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice, from my trials the glass was likely to come out first before the whole lens and metal ring together.

Didn't think of using the gorilla glue, was thinking of using the T8000 glue that RB also list.
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.