telemecko
I just fitted a new iPhone 5S Touch Screen Digitizer (OEM) but the screen looks like this (below). Any thoughts if I've done something wrong or if the screen is faulty?

Thanks.

2017-10-24 10.55.57.png
Quote 0 0
Jay
Where did you get the screen from?

You have tried re-seating the cables, more than likely a bad screen.
Quote 0 0
telemecko
Thanks for the reply. Got it from From ReplaceBase. I think you're proabably right. I've been re-seating and it does change how it appears. They don't seat nearly as well as my previous screen but I think if I perservere I might be able to pin them down enough to keep them seated.
Quote 0 0
Jay
telemecko wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Got it from From ReplaceBase. I think you're proabably right. I've been re-seating and it does change how it appears. They don't seat nearly as well as my previous screen but I think if I perservere I might be able to pin them down enough to keep them seated.

check the connectors, you could damage them whilst fitting (not saying you have) but if you fumble about trying to seat it and you're having a problem it could happen.

contact RB also 👍🏻
Quote 1 0
telemecko
Thanks. Screen problem fixed through repeated reseating. Getting "Unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone" so I assume I'm still not seating the horrible little cable under the button properly. Thanks for you advice. I'll not contact RB until I'm sure I'm not being stupid.
Quote 0 0
Jay
telemecko wrote:
Thanks. Screen problem fixed through repeated reseating. Getting "Unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone" so I assume I'm still not seating the horrible little cable under the button properly. Thanks for you advice. I'll not contact RB until I'm sure I'm not being stupid.

you have transferred your original home button? Touch ID won't work else.

if you have transferred, reseat the cable... I've had it before and then reseated and it's worked ok (not fully seated) 
Quote 1 0
telemecko
No, haven't transferred the original home button. Not clear why I would - the assembly came with one. Am I missing something?
Quote 0 0
Jay
telemecko wrote:
No, haven't transferred the original home button. Not clear why I would - the assembly came with one. Am I missing something?

you can only use your original home button, it's paired to your iPhone.

the screens with the home buttons included are just a home button, they don't have any Touch ID in them, they only work as a physical home button.

take your original button and put it on the new screen, be careful because if you rip the flex cable you won't have Touch ID again unless you go to Apple, it won't be finically viable to do that tho.

take your time.
Quote 1 0
telemecko
I suspect I'd have spent hours on this without that piece of advice. Many thanks for the advice.
Quote 0 0
Jay
telemecko wrote:
I suspect I'd have spent hours on this without that piece of advice. Many thanks for the advice.

i think I've earnt a thumbs up on the post then.

the screen you bought are mostly sold for ease of fitting, some repair places will buy the screens without the extra bits, front camera, home button etc as you've got to transfer the home button anyway.

i much prefer to use a customers original parts from their old screen, yeh it takes more time but that's been the way I have done the repairs from day one.
Quote 1 0
telemecko
Just to report back that I got this working and have a fully-functional iPhone 5S now - so thanks again for the help.
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.