Jay
Hi all,

as the title says, iPhone says searching and won't pick up a signal.

iPhone is not blocked or anything like that, tried SIM in a different iPhone and it works, I've reset the network settings, tried another working antenna with no luck.

I notice there is no Modem Firmware in the settings but shows IMEI etc, suspecting that this is the baseband chip on the board? 

I see that some have had success with reflowing the chip, no doubt even if this did work it would stop working later down the line.

If anyone does Micro Soldering what would a repair cost? 

Thanks 
Quote 0 0
Jay
Forgot to mention, no water damage on the iPhone.
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
iPhone 5s is notorious for the baseband pmic failing, I am not saying that is the diagnosis in your case, reflow is not repair, if the solder balls are oxidize then they will still be shitty after reflow, either remove and reball if it is oxidation or replace if the chip itself has failed. I charge £75 which includes special delivery insured to £500, there is no charge if it can't be fixed but I would ask for return postage to be covered.
Quote 0 0
Jay
Everything is pointing towards the chip being the problem, other solutions have been tried. If the chip needs to come off it might as well be replaced.

i will relay this info back to my customer, I doubt he would go for the repair at that price... more than likely a good reason for him to upgrade.

thanks for the reply though.
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
no worries
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.