MARudge
Hi,
image1.JPG 
I have just removed the screen from my iPhone 5S and will replace it however I'm concerned about the Home button cable. I've attached a photo. As far as I know I did not cause any damage to it but when I look at videos and pictures of the home button is has a single peice of cable attached to it. Mine appears as 2 peices.

Can you advise whether this is still ok or will need replacing?

Thanks

Regards

MarkSave
Quote 0 0
DarrenG
That's broken and will need to be replaced. You'll lose Touch ID as that is locked to the original button but will regain standard click function with a new home button.
Quote 0 0
mobifixstudio
A common newbie mistake and we've all done it by lifting the screen too forcefully from the chassis.
Quote 0 0
Jay
UH OH, if the button and Touch ID worked before then you have snapped it.

replacement button but Touch ID won't work.
Quote 0 0
MARudge
Many thanks for the replies. Oh bugger, that's that broken then. I was worried about that. I'm assuming the only way to replace the screen and home button and have Touch ID is for the expensive Apple man to do it? 🙁
Quote 0 0
Jay
Apple can only do that with the Touch ID, if Touch ID not important just buy the button off RB and use as a normal home button 
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.