Jay
Hi everyone,

iPhone 5S in for repair, had a DIY repair... you know friend of a friend story.

was advised that there was no sounds from loud speaker or Touch ID although home button worked.

turns out that the lightning connector / home button flex wasn't seated 100%.. not fully seated on the connector.

I have a situation that I wasn't advised about, when the iPhone is turned on the battery says 1% then it goes up to the correct percentage.

the iPhone originally had a battery replaced, does this sound like pry damage, the battery connector on the board looks ok.

really dislike taking on these DIY jobs where customers do it to save money but end up causing damage! 
Quote 0 0
iTechRepairs.ie
Sometimes when the battery gets stuck at 1% it can be the battery itself. Other times it can be the U2. A lot of people that do DIY don't know to distinguish between the 2.
Quote 0 0
Jay
iTechRepairs.ie wrote:
Sometimes when the battery gets stuck at 1% it can be the battery itself. Other times it can be the U2. A lot of people that do DIY don't know to distinguish between the 2.

certainly not battery related as tried several batteries, that leaves U2 then
Quote 0 0
iTechRepairs.ie
yes
Quote 0 0
pcrevamp
Or. ..  ..... This could be a damaged chip near the battery connection. The very tiny chips that sit in between the battery connection and the metal shield. 
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.