DarrenG
iPad mini 2 in for new digitiser.

On re-assembly and test I have this weird display issue. I'm very careful when removing the LCD and about disconnecting battery.

Check all the connectors, no obvious damage, is this an LCD fault? fullsizeoutput_857.jpeg  IMG_3124.JPG 

MacFixer.co.uk

Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
Probably LCD fault.
To confirm take a screen shot and see if the problem shows in the screenshot. If screenshot is good then problem is with the display
The Micro Guys Ltd
WEB   http://www.themicroguys.co.uk
EMAIL service@themicroguys.co.uk
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0
DarrenG
I've got a replacement panel coming today so will see, fairly sure it's going to be the panel but damn, there goes any profit in this job. Only my second every LCD issue on the minis and done dozens but still irks!
Quote 0 0
Jay
Looks like the LCD flexed too much [frown] 
Quote 0 0
DarrenG
Pretty sure that isn't the case, LCDs broken in that fashion exhibit pretty typical LCD damage.  If anything I suspect this is more likely damage to the flex or the flex entry point whilst peeling off the tape that secures the LCD there.  Parts due imminently so will at least know if a replacement panel is all it requires <crosses fingers and toes> [smile]
Quote 0 0
Jay
I've done plenty of iPad repairs and can honestly say never had a lcd just go like yours from removing it, something has caused it to go like that. I've seen various lcd damage over the years, not just ink bleeding, lines on the screen etc. 

Good luck with the new screen 
Quote 0 0
DarrenG
New screen was the solution.  I too have replaced dozens if not hundreds and this is a first for me too.
Quote 0 0
Jay
Always a first time Darren, we're only human.

i know the lcd's have a protective cover, lifted the polariser also that's bad!

totally understand you're frustration with this iPad, really annoys me too when a part lets you down, sure RB will sort this for you... would be great if they could advance replace it if you're a good regular customer to prevent further delays.

all the best with it pal 
Quote 0 0
DarrenG
Looked closer and have now managed to separate the protective layer and should have realised something was wrong as it was a lot harder to peel off than a protective layer would be. Can't be used now of course but that's my issue not theirs so I've ordered and paid for a replacement.

Just looked and I've done 146 iPad minis, 104 x 1st gen, 40 x 2nd gen and 2 x 3rd gen. Of those early on I broke two LCD panels on removal before I learnt to be more careful and now this one so I guess the percentages aren't too shameful.

Still irritating but that's what this biz is like sometimes. Shall chalk this one down to experience.
Quote 0 0
Jay
DarrenG wrote:
Looked closer and have now managed to separate the protective layer and should have realised something was wrong as it was a lot harder to peel off than a protective layer would be. Can't be used now of course but that's my issue not theirs so I've ordered and paid for a replacement.

Just looked and I've done 146 iPad minis, 104 x 1st gen, 40 x 2nd gen and 2 x 3rd gen. Of those early on I broke two LCD panels on removal before I learnt to be more careful and now this one so I guess the percentages aren't too shameful.

Still irritating but that's what this biz is like sometimes. Shall chalk this one down to experience.

just a few then, I stopped counting a long time ago ... I should go through all my invoices and do a tally of all devices, but it's a few thousand of various devices over the years.
Quote 0 0
DarrenG
iPad mini has to be the worst Apple device to work on, that and the old iPod Touch 4. 
Quote 0 0
Jay
DarrenG wrote:
iPad mini has to be the worst Apple device to work on, that and the old iPod Touch 4. 

they are not one of my favourite TBH, I'd rather do an iPad 2,3,4 
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.