GordonS

I've had ipad mini 2 since they were release, previously broken the front glass but still working without issue for year or more after that but recently it won't charge at all.

Plug in the power it will come on and battery never gets above 2% and soon after powers off.

What could be the fault?

Is it worth buying a new battery or is that more likely to be something else?

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
Download 3utools on your pc and plug in your iPad, if battery is getting to 2% it will be enough for 3utools to at least get a reading on battery health and give a indication of it is dying or not
Quote 0 0
GordonS
Thanks for your help, although it did power on as much as 2% I was unable to get any connection to the device.

Computer was not recognising anything connected. I've test with another iphone and ipad which were ok so i assume maybe faulty port or board of some sort
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
it's a good assumption, I would check the dock connector make sure it is getting voltages through. if that all looks fine I'd get the multimeter out and start checking in diode mode against a known good and I'd be starting with tristar
Quote 0 0
mikeherberts
Given the history, a good internal inspection followed by elimination of Charge Port, Dock connector, Flex and the Battery using known good  Then it's board work and the charging circuit.  
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.