Morts
Need your help guys.

I had a cracked screen on my first generation iPad air ( perfect working order apart from crack)  removed it without issue, removed the LCD no issues and replaced it with a shiny new whole digitiser. on start up there are two vertical stripes one grey the other white about 1cm wide down the centre of the screen. I have replaced a number of similar screens so have the right tools and am fastidious and very careful on the rebuilds. that said i may have inadvertently done something wrong. i tried removing the digitiser and just trying the lcd but nothing happened, I attached my old knackered screen and there were lots of issues due to the damage but not the stripes.

help... what is happening

cheers

Morts 
Quote 0 0
Crea2k
Try removing the screen and checking there is nothing in the plug / socket. Other than that the screen is damaged most probably and needs replacing.
Quote 0 0
pickleit
If the old digitizer causes no issues with the lcd screen and the new one does, then the fault is with the new digitizer. 

The new digitizer may be fixable with a little kapton tape or may just need sending back for replacement.
David Fear - Owner
Pickle IT - Bristol
W: http://www.pickle-it.co.uk
E: info@pickle-it.co.uk
T: 07708 200287
FB: pickleitbristol
Twitter: pickleitbristol
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.