Andyd2020
Hi Guys,

Been given an iPad Air by a customer fully restored that has charging issues [smile]  it will display the connect to charger images as normal, I charge it and after around 30 minutes it comes on and displays 100%, soon as you remove charger it shuts down and if you then add charger again it just shows charging icon for a while, it then shows 100%, I just removed charger and it stayed on .. I guess that sounds like charge IC? 

Any help would be apriciated guys as not had many issue with iPads other than usual screens, home buttons, charing connectors etc
Andy - Owner
Why Not Fix Ltd

W: http://www.whynotfix.co.uk
E: andy@whynotfix.co.uk
T: 07861 707870
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
Have you tried another battery or have a closer look at the gas gauge circuit on the board, from what you're describing it sounds like the charging IC is trying to charge, you can test this by disconnecting the battery and plugging in the charge through an ammeter and if all is fine it should read about 200mA draw
Quote 0 0
Jay
Andyd2020 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Been given an iPad Air by a customer fully restored that has charging issues [smile]  it will display the connect to charger images as normal, I charge it and after around 30 minutes it comes on and displays 100%, soon as you remove charger it shuts down and if you then add charger again it just shows charging icon for a while, it then shows 100%, I just removed charger and it stayed on .. I guess that sounds like charge IC? 

Any help would be apriciated guys as not had many issue with iPads other than usual screens, home buttons, charing connectors etc

Be interesting to know if you resolved this problem?

did a new battery solve the problem for you? 
Quote 0 0
Andyd2020
Sorry for delay, on this one it was the battery [smile]  but had another since and it was charge IC
Andy - Owner
Why Not Fix Ltd

W: http://www.whynotfix.co.uk
E: andy@whynotfix.co.uk
T: 07861 707870
Quote 1 0
Bytesize
Andyd2020 wrote:
Sorry for delay, on this one it was the battery [smile]  but had another since and it was charge IC

Glad you got it sorted buddy 
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.