RICHARD MOLYNEUX
Hi

I've just fitted a new battery to my wife's iPad Air and it appears ok until you try and enter the passcode and as soon as you touch one digit, the remaining three digits are filled and I get a message saying I am locked out. I suspect the touch screen has been damaged during removal and now needs replacement. Is this likely to be the case?

Many thanks

Richard
Quote 0 0
DTFix
That would be my first thought. Either that, or the touch screen isn't plugged in property/ contaminated fpc connector.
Quote 1 0
Andree27
You have the right flair , if it doesn't work at all then connection problem ,
or the screen is permanently damaged ... Your situation - needs to change ...

https://www.replacebase.co.uk/ipad-air-parts/

air.jpg 
Quote 1 0
pickleit
Hi

I've just fitted a new battery to my wife's iPad Air and it appears ok until you try and enter the passcode and as soon as you touch one digit, the remaining three digits are filled and I get a message saying I am locked out. I suspect the touch screen has been damaged during removal and now needs replacement. Is this likely to be the case?

Many thanks

Richard

Could be damaged flex on the digitizer - if any cracks in the glass or damage to flex then replace it.
Could be ghost touches - check if the foam padding on the 4 sides of the digitizer is intact; if not buy and fit replacement foam strips.
Could be damaged connector on the logic board - replace the connector if damaged (and you are capable).
Could be dirty connector on the logic board or digitizer - clean the connector(s) with IPA.
Could just be that the connectors are not plugged in correctly - un-plug and reconnect the digitizer.
David Fear - Owner
Pickle IT - Bristol
W: http://www.pickle-it.co.uk
E: info@pickle-it.co.uk
T: 07708 200287
FB: pickleitbristol
Twitter: pickleitbristol
Quote 3 0
Andree27
My experience shows , the screen can be checked without placing it in the correct place ,
if it does not work properly this is i push a but press s , damaged cell screen - most likely
flex cable connection with screen , because its place was touched by removing the screen ...
The original screen cable is folded into the correct position , the new one has to fold ,
if you do not, there will be a problem with the cable - in this situation this problem disappears ,
he uses the original folded ...
Micro crack touch screen sieve ... Similar repairing (I have changed five times) only one i have taken off the screen without problem ,
the only benefit was that they were not original ...
air1.jpg 
It works is or is not foam strips ... And it has originals which cannot be easily pull off ...
The back of the new screen has a sticker , it cannot be removed until you have completed the test ,
otherwise the exchange guarantee is lost , then I test it lifted to the side ...
And I understand that the screen is original - it must work lifted to the side ...

with all due respect to you - pickleit !
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.