infiniti25
Hi,

A family member's friend has dropped off an iPad 2 his wife was using and I believe it has been dropped, but not heavily as the damage is minimal (no dents, just paint and a single hairline crack in the surrounding plastic).

Now it has a screen issue where the screen displays an image, but the text is all green, and on the lock screen there is a green dot snow dancing about matrix style, with green a green line at the bottom where the home button is with an equaliser effect for want of a better description.

Would this be an LCD issue or a GPU issue?

Edit: Forgot to mention when booting up the iPad, it has a white apple logo and a fully green surround.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

MATT
Quote 0 0
Azmanapple
Hey! It’s unlikely that it would be an issue with the GPU! The iPad 2 is notorious for having a loose LVDS connector which can sometimes be knocked back into place if the iPad is gently hit against a hard surface on left hand edge. Now if this doesn’t seem to fix it I’d suggest purchasing a replacement LCD and testing to see if the issue is still there! If it is you’ll have an issue with your logic board or LVDS cable.

hope this helps
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
as Azmanapple has said this sounds like a LVDS issue, with the home button towards your stomach give the back of the ipad a hard smack?
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
be best to see a pick of it.  iPad 2 has a habit of the screens going funny all pinky or green after a drop.  As mentioned they need a hard slap on the back of them, not a gentle slap a "Hard" slap with palm of your hand or drop on the floor square not on the corners.
Quote 0 0
infiniti25
Hi,

Thanks for the responses!

I did already hit it on the back side and it turned yellow, then when I read your advice which suggested the cable is the most likely cause i hit it again and it went to red and after another few hard wraps it's back to white with some blurring of black letters and still the colour bleeding line at the bottom on the lock screen.

I'll have to watch a tutorial and open it up to press the cable in firmly and maybe use some blu-tack to fill any gaps between the top of the connector and the back of the LCD so it can't come loose as easily.

There isn't a rush for this as they have still got to talk to their friend to get it disassociated from their apple id which they cant remember the details for.

Many thanks,

MATT
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
Please don't use blu tack, a little bit of Kapton tape will be sufficient to hold the lvds cable in place, make sure to check both ends, the logic board and on the screen itself
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.