mn

Hi

I swapped around two original screens on two iPhone 6S, and now the home button is not working any more, I swapped it back in to det original phone but with out any luck.

Is there any way to restore it?

The Screen and home button is the original the phone is built with, the phone is running OS 10.2.1

// MN

Quote 0 0
MACH Computers
Have you checked the flex that runs up the back of the screen to check its not been damaged anywhere - particularly at the point where the home button connects to the flex. I learnt the hard way that this connector is a bit fragile when it comes to removing it. Also check the FPC on the logic board to ensure this has not been damaged in any way. 
Chris - Owner
MACH Computers Kent

W: http://www.machcomputers.co.uk
E: service@machcomputers.co.uk
T: 01622 236343
Quote 2 0
TheMicroGuys
Hi MN,
You need to be a bit clearer in your question. You swapped two screens with the home buttons or you swapped just the screen but kept the original home button.Why you swapped in the first place, broken screen? or other reason?  Then you swapped what back to the original phone. You say the home button isn't working, do you mean not working at all or do you mean the touch ID isn't working. Home button can be swapped but touch ID wont then work nor can it be restored. For touch ID home button must stay with the phone it came with.
The Micro Guys Ltd
WEB   http://www.themicroguys.co.uk
EMAIL service@themicroguys.co.uk
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 2 0
mn

I was a little to quick when I wrote the topic, my mistake.. The home button works, but the finger touch is not working.

What I did was to try to take the original screen from one of my iphone 6s which worked fine, and connect it to an iphone 6s where the screen was completely dead, did it simply to test whether there was life in the dead iphone 6s ..

It does not look like the connectors on the motherboard is damaged, but is there any problem in the flex cable behind the screen, and that it has been swapped around and back again?

Does the finger touch/home button work with OEM and aftermarket screens?, or will finger touch stop working after screen replacement?

Quote 0 0
Quin Mobile Repair
So you used the whole screen assembly, including home button, ear piece etc to test another device 6s?

If so the touch id wont work!

Touch ids are tied to the logic board they left the factory with, replacing the home button with a new one or one from a different device will stop the touch id from.
Quote 0 0
mn
Yes I tested an entire screen from a iphone 6s on another iphone 6s, but when I put the screen back in the "iphone" it comes from the finger touch does not work anymore.
Quote 0 0
Quin Mobile Repair
First thing I would try is a soft reset, hold down power and home button on the phone restarts and shows apple logo then let go.

If the above doesn't work, check the connectors are seated correctly, check the connectors for damage, and check all ribbon cables for damage or rips.
Quote 0 0
Pazza76
If you swapping screens you will need to swap the home buttons too. They are paired to the respective logic board. They will not function with other boards. It's a security measure. 
Quote 0 0
mn
the original screen + home button has been swapped back in the original phone.
Quote 0 0
Steve
mn wrote:
the original screen + home button has been swapped back in the original phone.

Now that the original screen and button have been swapped over does the touch ID function as it should? you may need to run though settings to set up again.

Steve  
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
A soft reset "Power & home button reset" should re-sync the original home button to the original iPhone without doing anything else, if it doesnt (and the screens not been apart in any way) its not seated correctly. 
     If the screen has been stripped down it will more than likely be damage to the HB flex or connector, rear of metal plate flex, or main connector.  
Quote 0 0
iFix
Check this phone repair Norwich
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
iFix wrote:
Check this phone repair Norwich

From reading this thread the OP has asked for help in understanding a problem, not for someone to take his money and fix it for him.
At least five repair businesses have responded to his original post all trying to give constructive help without selling themselves in the process.
The OP hasn't made any further posts since the 17/03 so you would assume he has solved his problem, but along you come a month later, not with a solution but a link back to your own business.
I don't see any problem with offering your service if the op was asking for someone to fix it for him, but what you are doing is essentially clickbait.
If you want to make your presence more noticed why not set up your profile page with a picture and your website link, that is if you seriously intend to contribute to this forum. Seeing this is your one and only post I somehow doubt it.
The Micro Guys Ltd
WEB   http://www.themicroguys.co.uk
EMAIL service@themicroguys.co.uk
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 1 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.