art7

Hi,

I replaced the screen to OEM Hard LED one. I have transferred data from original(cracked one) to new one. I was able to set FaceID up but I cannot use it to unlock the phone. I put genuine Apple screen with glass only replaced, transferred data from original one and the same FaceID doesn’t work. I put back cracked screen - surprise ! it works ! I tied 3 cracked original screens and it works on all of them. Anyone had the same problem?

Quote 0 0
Andree27
Yes the problem is clear , This is called a driver problem , because your screen is not oem ...
Exchanging for oem it works perfectly ... Your situation - reinstall the system ...
I repeat problem with lcd driver ...

Pay attention :
For the ipone XR XS XS-Max motherboard no Face id ,  you must be update again the
IOS system ... (camera function.)

For ipone X / XR / XS / XS-Msx / 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max motherboard with Face ID ,
Please - Do not touch camera lens,once touch it that will damage the Face ID function, thanks !!!
[xs] 
Quote 0 0
art7
I have tried with original Apple screen witch had glass only replaced. It didn't work. I have reinstalled the firmware now in recovery mode as you advised. I've got more screens coming tomorrow and I will try again.
Quote 0 0
Andree27
You can use any screen but don't forget to reinstall the system ...
My situation at the time was that I was exchanging lcd for an original , The phone could not be reinstalled ,
because the credit card was linked to another country , and can only be activated in that country ... (corona)
I am reinstall face recognition - and everything was ok ...
Of course there were problems , many pieces of glass had to be cleaned and and and ... but it started working ...
Strange, but the customer said it works perfectly , previously it didn't work with the first time ...
Pay attention to these details before assembling , there are all brackets on the screen ? (and the lens holes are tinted and dusts , dirt) ...
face1.jpg 
Quote 0 0
nburford
regarding the purple text above "to pull and done". Can you explain again what this is all about please? Thanks in advance.
Quote 0 0
Andree27
nburford wrote:
regarding the purple text above "to pull and done". Can you explain again what this is all about please? Thanks in advance.

LCD Protective film and double-sided adhesive protective paper ...
Quote 0 0
nburford
Thanks Andree27, just wasnt very clear in the image. Who on earth would leave that on?
Quote 0 0
Andree27
I did not understand the question , phone repair in the garden ,
because it was a sunny day and when i enter the room i need a table lamp light ...

So i decided to stay in the garden , ground cable for statistical electricity I connected to the table ...
Quote 0 0
dymmy
Andree27 wrote:
You can use any screen but don't forget to reinstall the system ...
My situation at the time was that I was exchanging lcd for an original , The phone could not be reinstalled ,
because the credit card was linked to another country , and can only be activated in that country ... (corona)
I am reinstall face recognition - and everything was ok ...
Of course there were problems , many pieces of glass had to be cleaned and and and ... but it started working ...
Strange, but the customer said it works perfectly , previously it didn't work with the first time ...
Pay attention to these details before assembling , there are all brackets on the screen ? (and the lens holes are tinted and dusts , dirt) ...
face1.jpg 

Sorry for the silly question,  are you saying you can just reinstall the camera/ face recognition on its own or the full OS. 
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Full system is not allowed , I mentioned credit cards , at the moment face id not work , the phone is set under passwords ...
My decision at this point is - buy the original screen so there is no driver problem , because it is not desirable to reinstall the system ...
And original screen possible eprom programming - this means that the phone did not feel that the screen had changed ...
And my decision was right ! Because began to work face id ...
System reinstall - No ... Face id - Yes ...
(it's the same as with a fingerprint - we make changes only in this point)...
And I repeated that the client was surprised by the sensitivity that was not at the original screen (face id sensitivity) ...
[xs1] face id.jpg  face id2.jpg
Small remark - so that the phone does not lose face recognition, but let's assume that the front camera does not work,
                            there is information
(on the Internet) about changing the front camera ... Front only ...

unnamed.jpg 

Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.