Burti
Hiya
Just a quick one. Screen brought from RB and has the camera and home button. Normally would the touch ID work after this full replacement or do I need to do (like I normally do) swap the home button over like we did on the iPhone 5.
Many thanks Burti
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
Hi, do not use the HB supplied with the complete screen unit, carefully remove from the old screen and place back on the new screen.  This way you will keep your touch id.  If you damage it, the touch id will be gone forever im afraid so go gentle.  and dont forget to dissconect the battery when you do anything.  
Quote 0 0
Burti
Thanks Andy. Not sure why one would then buy a complete screen HB etc. I ended up having to transfer over the back plane and the HB to get it to work. Shame as they wanted a black phone and their original was white. 
Do I presume that the touch ID will never work even after a factory reset? 
Cheers Burti 
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
The basics are the touch ID is syncronised between the home button & the motherboard at the apple factory.  No-one can re-sync a new home button so you have to look after the original.  You can fit a new home button however the button will work, the touch id will not.  Just stick a sticker over the home button as can be peeled off if need be.
    I dont normally buy complete screens however have has some when bare screens were out of stock (not from RB), and noticed there was alot of faulty parts inc the home button flex's on the metal plate.  Always best to strip original parts from the old screen. 
Quote 1 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.