Pressy
I have two HTC one M9 phones, both rebuilt from scratch. One says camera not working the other only has the selfie(front) camera functioning. I have done all the software recommendations to solve it but none work, anybody any ideas about a solution. On another phone I used a donor secondary motherboard and this camera ( and flashlight) works fine.
Kind Regards any suggestions welcome.
Quote 0 0
Andree27
There is no one-size-fits-all answer ... Has happened to fix them but successfully ...
So i can only recommend checking all the connections and clean them with medical alcohol ...
Make sure that all cables are intact, especially the connections to the daughter board ...
htc2.jpg  htc-cable.png 

Common problem but no answer ... Wiring diagram I do not have...

Clean all connections and check , you can try to turn it on with the cameras disconnected ...
The problem seems is in the settings , which does not meet the specified camera parameters
at this time , because the chips are not damaged - it is quite clear ...
Try disconnecting the cameras and resetting the phone to the factory settings without the cameras ,
use the phone without the cameras , uses the camera application even though the camera is not
on your phone ... then again - reset to factory settings and connect cameras ...
It is obvious that the problem is in the settings, but how to solve it - experiments ...
Quote 0 0
Pressy
Thank you for your reply. It seems to be the general opinion that it is settings related as you highlight. HTC don't seem interested, obviously they want to sell a new phone! It seems weird that a full replacement daughter board (used) from a donor phone will work, it then seems unlikely that the settings are at fault. I have ordered a new daughter board and will keep the forum updated when I have fitted it. The other puzzling aspect is the failure of the flash/flashlight. Thanks once again for your valuable comments.
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Would be fine if the daughter board exchange helps ...
Because there are people who have exchanged camera boards and cables but don't help ...
Performing the analysis - it is my opinion that the problem is in the settings ...
Because I have work devices that need calibration from time to time ,
because the sensor does not understand how high my instruments are , but the sensor is not damaged ...
and the same happens with your phone , and i don't know how to solve it ...
I wish success ...
Tell me how you did ...
Quote 0 0
Pressy
Thank you for your further advice, it is so frustrating when you know you have replaced everything as it should be and it doesn't work! Should be receiving the new daughter board soon and having plenty of time at present will try your suggestion of disconnecting the cameras and resetting etc.
Quote 0 0
Pressy
I have tried the new daughterboard without success, it was just a matter of principle trying to get them to work. I must have been lucky with the original daughter board exchange! I have two functioning HTC M9 phones, don't know why I keep them just like HTC.  Thanks for your input.
Quote 1 0
Andree27
Thanks for the reply ...
What I have understood - With motherboard no problem ... Problem looking for daughter board ,
low percentage in camera ... It's definitely a setup issue . Then there is one question left
the daughter board has a controller that remembers the previous settings , or this controller
is out of order ... I am more inclined to the option that this controller is programmable ...
Because original donor daughter board working and a camera too , another original daughter board and
a new daughter board does not work ...
If the controller does not work because the problem is in the settings - change the camera settings
using the working board , and then add a non-working board ...
If the controller does not work because it is damaged , it must be replaced with a new one , but what
it is, I do not know ...
If the controller does not work because contact problem with the daughter board - place the board on the
stove , recommended electric with temperature control 300-350 degrees c for 15 minutes , it will be the
so-called reball bga ...
But definitely the problem is the daughter board ...

As an example -
The same thing happens with ssd drives when they sleep into standby mode , the drive is new,
but it's asleep forever ... here is a solution for changing the main controller ...
You have heard the variant - give me your old drive and the new drive will be at a discount ...

( A System with an SSD Crashes When Resuming from Sleep -
https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-ssd/ssd-crashes-when-resuming-from-sleep )
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.